Question on OCI application for new born

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on OCI application for new born

I am applying for the OCI card for my new born daughter. While selecting family details I selected "yes" for "- Is/Are your parent/s currently Indian National/s". My wife is a US citizen who has OCI card (she was an Indian citizen by birth) and I am an Indian citizen.

Now when I going through the list of documents to be provided it is asking for the old Indian passport for my wife which she doesnt have any more. Can I submit a copy of her US passport and her OCI card?

OCI should be enough

Originally posted by bharath23 View Post
    I am applying for the OCI card for my new born daughter. While selecting family details I selected "yes" for "- Is/Are your parent/s currently Indian National/s". My wife is a US citizen who has OCI card (she was an Indian citizen by birth) and I am an Indian citizen.

Now when I going through the list of documents to be provided it is asking for the old Indian passport for my wife which she doesnt have any more. Can I submit a copy of her US passport and her OCI card?
    Your wife's OCI should be enough. You have to upload the Indian origin proof as one PDF file. I suggest, you have your Indian passport first and then her OCI in one PDF file. You will also need to upload your marriage certificate and your daughter's birth certificate (for relationship certificate). This proves your child is indeed of an Indian origin. It is too much, but it will clear out any further question on her Indian origin. I called CKGS and they advised to upload them (and attach them with the application too). I hope this helps.

I wonder why you don't have her old Indian passport. Just keep all legal documents, even if they expire or get cancelled. You never know when you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
      Your wife's OCI should be enough. You have to upload the Indian origin proof as one PDF file. I suggest, you have your Indian passport first and then her OCI in one PDF file. You will also need to upload your marriage certificate and your daughter's birth certificate (for relationship certificate). This proves your child is indeed of an Indian origin. It is too much, but it will clear out any further question on her Indian origin. I called CKGS and they advised to upload them (and attach them with the application too). I hope this helps.

I wonder why you don't have her old Indian passport. Just keep all legal documents, even if they expire or get cancelled. You never know when you need it.
      Thanks for your response.

Comment

I have pretty much all the documents ready. Does one have to get the thumbprint on the forms again? The following documents are requiring the signature

* Affidavit in Lieu of Originals
        * Additional Particular Form
        * OCI registration form

It seems weird to have to thumbprint the baby another three times.

Also, since the documents have to be self attested, which in her case would be parents doing it, is there any specific wording that needs to be used?

Comment

yes, thumb print

The OCI registration form instructions #2 and #3 say these,

2. A person who has not attained the age of 18 years is considered as minor. In case of minor who cannot
          sign, his/her left thumb impression may be placed in the signature box. Parents should not sign in
          behalf of the children.
          3. Signature/Thumb impression should be confined in the prescribed box. In case of minor applicants,
          parent should NOT sign in the box.

To me it is clear, you need thumb prints in all places that says applicant's signature for the baby's OCI form.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
            The OCI registration form instructions #2 and #3 say these,

2. A person who has not attained the age of 18 years is considered as minor. In case of minor who cannot
            sign, his/her left thumb impression may be placed in the signature box. Parents should not sign in
            behalf of the children.
            3. Signature/Thumb impression should be confined in the prescribed box. In case of minor applicants,
            parent should NOT sign in the box.

To me it is clear, you need thumb prints in all places that says applicant's signature for the baby's OCI form.
            Thank you for your response.

The CKGS website says the following:

* Minors DO NOT SIGN PART B of the OCI Application form.

This seems to be very confusing

Also, is there an order for the documents to be assembled. I just arranged them in the order of the checklist.

Comment

Status Update

I am curious about the processing times with CKGS in San Francisco

Here is the current status

Day 000 [02/22/2018] - Mailed application package by FedEx
              Day 001 [02/23/2018] - Application received - CKGS San Francisco
              Day 001 [02/23/2018] - Application verified - CKGS San Francisco
              Day 001 [02/23/2018] - Application on hold because of missing documents - CKGS San Francisco
              Day 001 [02/23/2018] - Uploaded missing documents
              Day 004 [02/26/2018] - Application on hold - CKGS San Francisco
              Day 004 [02/26/2018] - Received missing documents - CKGS San Francisco
              Day 004 [02/26/2018] - Application verified and reprocessed - CKGS San Francisco
              Day 005 [02/27/2018] - Application 'Under Process' - CKGS San Francisco
              Day 006 [02/28/2018] - Application 'Under Process' - CKGS San Francisco

Does anybody know what it means by "Under Process Manifestation" and normally how long this process takes at CKGS San Francisco

Comment

OCI process after submission

I am wondering what is the OCI tracking process after the consulate returns the passport. There is no information available after that on CKGS. I havent received any updates on the status of my daughters application.

Comment

Originally posted by bharath23 View Post
                  I have pretty much all the documents ready. Does one have to get the thumbprint on the forms again? The following documents are requiring the signature

* Affidavit in Lieu of Originals
                  * Additional Particular Form
                  * OCI registration form

It seems weird to have to thumbprint the baby another three times.

Also, since the documents have to be self attested, which in her case would be parents doing it, is there any specific wording that needs to be used?
                  Did you get answer for this? i think only Additional Particular Form needs kid thumb impression. Affidavit in Lieu of Originals may not need Minor thumb impression since Adult parents are providing those documents and got it notarized.
                  Govt. OCI Registration form Part A has already Thumb impression under photo box which was uploaded digitally too. On Part B for Minors, Parents signatures needed with date (do not need kid thumb impression). It's like if Adult then Applicant signature part is applicable otherwise Parents signature part is applicable for Minor. why would anyone need both.

Comment

Originally posted by vikky789 View Post
                    Did you get answer for this? i think only Additional Particular Form needs kid thumb impression. Affidavit in Lieu of Originals may not need Minor thumb impression since Adult parents are providing those documents and got it notarized.
                    Govt. OCI Registration form Part A has already Thumb impression under photo box which was uploaded digitally too. On Part B for Minors, Parents signatures needed with date (do not need kid thumb impression). It's like if Adult then Applicant signature part is applicable otherwise Parents signature part is applicable for Minor. why would anyone need both.
                    There seems to be conflicting information available. I just went ahead used her thumbprint wherever they asked.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X