Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD Expedite Supporting Documents

Hi Friends and Experts,

I have applied for my L2 EAD renewal in January 2018. My current EAD is expiring on April 6th 2018.

Case Received: Jan 19th, 2018.
    Applied in Texas center

I have a real urgent situation where i have to support my family. I am looking for jobs also and hopefully will get an offer letter for April 1 from a good company.

Ques 1: If i ask for expediting my case in USCIS with option "Severe financial loss to individual" and provide that offer letter as the supporting document, would that be enough or do i have to produce any more supporting documents?

Ques 2: Let's say if i send the offer letter as supporting document and USCIS receives it on Feb 25th 2018, but unfortunately my offer letter is not considered as good enough for expediting my case, would my Case Received date change to 25th February or will remain Jan 19th as original received date.

Any help on above 2 questions will be appreciated.

If there is any other suggestion you can recommend to expedite my case i would be grateful.

Thanks,
    Nitin.

Originally posted by nb2211 View Post
    Hi Friends and Experts,

I have applied for my L2 EAD renewal in January 2018. My current EAD is expiring on April 6th 2018.

Case Received: Jan 19th, 2018.
    Applied in Texas center

I have a real urgent situation where i have to support my family. I am looking for jobs also and hopefully will get an offer letter for April 1 from a good company.

Ques 1: If i ask for expediting my case in USCIS with option "Severe financial loss to individual" and provide that offer letter as the supporting document, would that be enough or do i have to produce any more supporting documents?

Ques 2: Let's say if i send the offer letter as supporting document and USCIS receives it on Feb 25th 2018, but unfortunately my offer letter is not considered as good enough for expediting my case, would my Case Received date change to 25th February or will remain Jan 19th as original received date.

Any help on above 2 questions will be appreciated.

If there is any other suggestion you can recommend to expedite my case i would be grateful.

Thanks,
    Nitin.
    1: this is up to them to decide, perhaps include bills that need to be paid? I mean at this point you are not having a financial loss yet, it's the possibility of it.
    2: expedition requests do not affect the Priority Date, RFIE for your 485 would though.
    This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
    122017 - PD
    012518 - Biometrics
    033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
    062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
    082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
    090418 - 2nd we scheduled
    091018 - first interview canceled
    092118 - Request to reschedule int
    102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
    030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
    040219 - We canceled your int
    040519 - Int sched
    051419 - Interview
    053119 - approved

Comment

Originally posted by boogiewoogie View Post
      1: this is up to them to decide, perhaps include bills that need to be paid? I mean at this point you are not having a financial loss yet, it's the possibility of it.
      2: expedition requests do not affect the Priority Date, RFIE for your 485 would though.
      Yeah i have CC bills to be paid much more than i can afford now. As well thanks a lot for your answers. I have secured another offer letter in my hand but it is starting from March 1st way before my expiration of current EAD expiration. I am so much confused right now. If i inform my current employer that i am about to resign in 7 days they will accept it but would the new employer accept me because my EAD will expire on April 6th, considering that i do not have the approval yet. I can show this as a proof that i have an offer in hand, but doubt that USICS may or may not accept it. As well i tried mycasetracker also and i dont see any application been processed yet from Jan 19 receipt dates. Do you think that i should inform them about the new offer first even without 75 days getting over since they receive my application.

Rgds,
      Nitin.

Comment

Originally posted by nb2211 View Post
        Yeah i have CC bills to be paid much more than i can afford now. As well thanks a lot for your answers. I have secured another offer letter in my hand but it is starting from March 1st way before my expiration of current EAD expiration. I am so much confused right now. If i inform my current employer that i am about to resign in 7 days they will accept it but would the new employer accept me because my EAD will expire on April 6th, considering that i do not have the approval yet. I can show this as a proof that i have an offer in hand, but doubt that USICS may or may not accept it. As well i tried mycasetracker also and i dont see any application been processed yet from Jan 19 receipt dates. Do you think that i should inform them about the new offer first even without 75 days getting over since they receive my application.

Rgds,
        Nitin.
        when you start employment and fill in form I-9 there's a section where you list until when you are legally allowed to work.
        After that you are no longer legally allowed to work. You and your employer could get fined if they keep employing you, or worse.
        that being said, there are 2 exceptions:
        1. In case of a renewal and you being in the correct category, you are automatically granted an extension. I do not know if L2 is such. See https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-ead-extension
        2. In case of a new EAD and you are filing AOS based on marriage/family then you technically could work illegally without it being a reason for denying your AOS. see https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/H...-Chapter8.html

Perhaps it's best to see a lawyer about this because i'm not a lawyer and this is all just google research..
        This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
        122017 - PD
        012518 - Biometrics
        033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
        062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
        082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
        090418 - 2nd we scheduled
        091018 - first interview canceled
        092118 - Request to reschedule int
        102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
        030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand