OCI card in India, Parent in USA(H1B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI card in India, Parent in USA(H1B)

Hello, i am planning to apply for OCI card for my 1 year old kid who is currently on a visa in India trip with his mom. I am here in the USA.

1. https://passport.gov.in/oci/ online application, i see that they are asking for Signature Photo. What would that be for a 1 year old?
    2. The applicant is a child of Indian citizens. In this case, from http://mha1.nic.in/pdfs/oci-brochure.pdf only valid document if parents Indian origin is claimed as basis for registration as OCI is brith certificate Apostled or
    endorsed by the concerned Indian Mission abroad. Correct? If yes, should i get original birth certificate Apostled/endorsed or can I use a birth certificate copy to Apostle/endorse and submit that?
    3. If grandparents Indian origin is claimed as basis for registration, what document should be submitted? I want to explore this option instead of #2 above since getting birth certificate Apostled/endorsed in USA is not easy.
    4. Any other way to get OCI based on indian origin apart from #2 and #3 listed above?

Thanks.

Parent child proof

There are some missing pieces in you post. Any way, you need,

1. Child's foreign passport
    2. Child's birth certificate --> With parent's name to connect Parents passport for Indian origin
    3. Parent's marriage certificate --> To connect and confirm both are Indian (and not Pakistani or Bangladeshi)
    4. Both Parents' passports --> To connect #2 and #3
    5. Photo scanned and original (2)
    6. Signatures or parents scanned in one smaller paper (Children older than 6 years need to sign themselves, that is what I hear from other message and what I did).

I posted a detailed list some time ago. Check that too. You are in USA and child is India. You didn't say where you are going to apply. If applying in US, you need to do it thro CKGS, If in India, I guess you go directly to govt website. So, it will be little different.There is an experience section in immihelp.com. Check that if anybody applied from India.

If you ended up submitting differently, please share for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
      There are some missing pieces in you post. Any way, you need,

1. Child's foreign passport
      2. Child's birth certificate --> With parent's name to connect Parents passport for Indian origin
      3. Parent's marriage certificate --> To connect and confirm both are Indian (and not Pakistani or Bangladeshi)
      4. Both Parents' passports --> To connect #2 and #3
      5. Photo scanned and original (2)
      6. Signatures or parents scanned in one smaller paper (Children older than 6 years need to sign themselves, that is what I hear from other message and what I did).

I posted a detailed list some time ago. Check that too. You are in USA and child is India. You didn't say where you are going to apply. If applying in US, you need to do it thro CKGS, If in India, I guess you go directly to govt website. So, it will be little different.There is an experience section in immihelp.com. Check that if anybody applied from India.

If you ended up submitting differently, please share for others.
      Thanks, I will be applying in India.
      Regarding child signature, ckgs website says thump print if under 5. I would assume the same if applying in India.

Regarding, birth certificate, marriage certificate, parents passport. Do they all have to be original? Do they have to be attested or notarized?

Comment

Originally posted by amjad163 View Post
        Thanks, I will be applying in India.
        Regarding child signature, ckgs website says thump print if under 5. I would assume the same if applying in India.

Regarding, birth certificate, marriage certificate, parents passport. Do they all have to be original? Do they have to be attested or notarized?
        In the US, only copies have to be sent. But you have to get the affidavit list form notarized to show you have the originals. You will have to show the original to the notary.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X