Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Information Do I Need to Disclose When Sponsoring a Relative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Information Do I Need to Disclose When Sponsoring a Relative?

My father has applied for his sister (I-130 I believe) and her daughter. My father is retired and his financials aren't stellar. So, he has asked me to be the "Sponsor". What does this entail? I am confident about my aunt's ability to take care of herself financially. I am more concerned about how much of my personal financial data I have to disclose to my family (I have valid reasons). Is there a list somewhere of what I have to disclose? Many thanks in advance

Originally posted by HopefulWebbedBoa View Post
    My father has applied for his sister (I-130 I believe) and her daughter. My father is retired and his financials aren't stellar. So, he has asked me to be the "Sponsor". What does this entail? I am confident about my aunt's ability to take care of herself financially. I am more concerned about how much of my personal financial data I have to disclose to my family (I have valid reasons). Is there a list somewhere of what I have to disclose? Many thanks in advance
    You need to show your income tax return from *at least* the latest tax year, and if you like, from the last two years prior to that. Your income (and your assets) must add up to at least 125% above the poverty line, according to your household size. Also it is good to include pay-stubs, and a letter from employer confirming your employment. There's more, but these are the basics I can think of off the top of my head Check out the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, on the USCIS website for a full list of what you need to show. Their instructions are very helpful (though a little lengthy to read completely).

Bottom line, you do need to show a lot of background for sponsoring. Read the instructions and the form details, and call USCIS customer service line with any other questions.

Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X