Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I sponsor my brother in F4 category without attorney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I sponsor my brother in F4 category without attorney?

Hi,

I am a US citizen naturalized in 2010 and I want to sponsor my brother. Can I do that without involving an attorney? Is the process of I-130 filing difficult? From my research, I need to fill I-130 and support with below documents:
    1. My passport to prove nationality
    2. My and brother's birth certificate showing one common parent. My brother doesn't have birth certificate. Can passport be used to prove a common parent?

My brother is on H1-B and is in US right now. Can that be a problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Angel

Originally posted by angel1234 View Post
    Hi,

I am a US citizen naturalized in 2010 and I want to sponsor my brother. Can I do that without involving an attorney? Is the process of I-130 filing difficult?
    Absolutely. It's not

From my research, I need to fill I-130 and support with below documents:
    1. My passport to prove nationality
    yes

2. My and brother's birth certificate showing one common parent. My brother doesn't have birth certificate. Can passport be used to prove a common parent?
    No, a passport cannot be used. You will need to use whatever document is accepted as a birth certificate from his country of birth, or get a Non-Availability of Birth Certificate affidavit plus some secondary evidence of his birth.

My brother is on H1-B and is in US right now. Can that be a problem?
    It doesn't matter. He likely won't be in the US in 13+ years when a visa number becomes available for his category and priority date anyway.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! Very helpful. Is it true that USCIS gives preference to cases presented by Tier-1 immigration attorneys?

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Absolutely. It's not

yes

No, a passport cannot be used. You will need to use whatever document is accepted as a birth certificate from his country of birth, or get a Non-Availability of Birth Certificate affidavit plus some secondary evidence of his birth.

It doesn't matter. He likely won't be in the US in 13+ years when a visa number becomes available for his category and priority date anyway.

Comment

Is it true that USCIS gives preference to cases presented by Tier-1 immigration attorneys?
        No it is not true

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X