Form I-129: Does 2 year religious mission count as a place of Residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-129: Does 2 year religious mission count as a place of Residence

I'm the citizen and I am from Utah. I served a 2 year religious mission in Florida about year ago..

On the form under the address history section is asks to list all physical address for the last 5 years and in another area it asks for all places of residency since my 18th birthday.

Should I put down the religious mission as a place of residence? It would be difficult because I moved around every few months or so, thus there would be like 8 different apartments. And it would be very difficult to get those addresses. I could put the mission office address, or the address to the mission home, where the president of the mission lives, that way I could shorten it down to 1 residency, but I never actually lived in either of those locations.

Also, technically I wasn't ever a resident of Florida. When I wanted to vote in the 2016 elections, I had to use an out of state ballot and my vote counted for Utah. But I was in Florida for two years, so I don't want them thinking I'm trying to pull one on them by not listing it.

Also, I've been told I could list it as employment as to avoid a gap in employment. If I don't list it as a residence would it be smart to also not list it as employment? Really my full question is, what should I put on the form, both in employment and residency, in respect to my 2 year mission in Florida? Should I put anything?

Thanks
    Last edited by tomsmiths; 02-19-2018, 06:23 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X