Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On L-1A visa, company is being sold and I think I want to move - options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On L-1A visa, company is being sold and I think I want to move - options?

Hi there

I'm on an L-1A visa from EU. The firm I am with is selling my part of the business and I'm not sure if I want to join them.

I'd like to figure out my options please, basically I am looking to maximize my flexibility to change jobs. I'm not wedded to the idea of applying for the Green Card (I have no wish to remain in the US for more than 2-3 years), but willing to apply for it if it will allow me to move jobs.

1. If I got my firm to apply for my Green Card, would I have grounds for expediting this? I understand that my visa will allow me to skip step 1 PERM. But will it also allow me to expedite the I-140?
    2. I've heard that you can apply for other jobs at other companies after 6 months of filing I-140 (even if it is not approved). This sounds too good to be true. Is there any truth to this?
    3. Failing the above, is there a straightforward change that I can do to switch from an L-1A to a H-1B?
    4. Some individuals in my company have apparently been sponsored on O-1 visas. If I could persuade my firm to apply for this visa, would this allow me the flexibility to move?

Thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X