Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD NO RESPONSE 190+ days. (August 2017 Filler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is some info

Originally posted by Louisie View Post
    Sometimes reading the posts here I think that maybe uscis is giving a hard time for August/September/October filers. I didnt receive RFE, or any other update on the site. Total silence. I dont know what to do. Some people say we should raise a SR. Others say Do not. Some say to try Ombudsman, Congressman. Others say it could pull the case back.
    I think it also depends by each case. People are under different types of visa and all asked for the same combo 131/765/485. Maybe some cases take longer than others.
    My timeline is:
    Sep 25th - case received 131 and 765
    Oct 2nd - case received 485
    Oct 19th - fingerprints
    Feb 27th - Service Request - 30 days to hear back
    Maybe we took too long between Oct and Feb, but the processing times were not reaching our PD date that time.
    I needed to travel and canceled everything. Im hopeless thinking my case is stuck.

Hi Louisie,

Here are some tips based on my experience.
    They are well thought but each case can be different as you mentioned, so think and decide on the best actions for your case.

Sep 2017 PD: Relax, 6 mo for EAD is not that long nowadays. It's considered normal in many occasions.

SR: Many people got results after raising SR so if you think you waited long enough it seems to be perfectly OK to do it.

Congressman: This is a very powerful resource. It's perfectly okay to do. Many countries don't even have a congress so it might sound strange but it shouldn't. Don't wait anymore. They are very helpful. Just explain your case and ask if they can help, they will be willing to help. You can reach out online or face to face. Congressman's office has an immigration desk and they will ask for your case number and follow up for you and maybe help further if they can. This adds a level of seriousness and efficiency to your case and the communication with USCIS.

Ombudsman/Senator: I didn't use these resources yet but they are on the horizon. I have an impression that when things take too long Ombudsman can help a lot. Ombudsman has a neat website where you can get a better idea about the process.

Case stuck: Well, it probably isn't stuck, they seem to be extremely busy compared to previous years. More application + more checks - no new staff. But if this is the case, some of the above tools will definitely help! I don't know your exact case but it doesn't seem very uncommon to me. Of course it gets very difficult when it's unexpectedly so long. I would consider: expedition, congressman, SR, Senator, Ombudsman and wouldn't be too shy about it.

I hope you get news soon and I seriously think you will. Just hang in there! Feel free to ask if you have new questions.

Comment

The other helpful forum page

Also, I don't know if it's me but there is an EAD Experiences page on this forum. I only found it on Google, maybe didn't do a good job checking everything on this website but it's very useful and many people write updates there and many replies... so if anyone didn't see it yet, link is below:

Comment

Originally posted by lynk View Post
        Also, I don't know if it's me but there is an EAD Experiences page on this forum. I only found it on Google, maybe didn't do a good job checking everything on this website but it's very useful and many people write updates there and many replies... so if anyone didn't see it yet, link is below:

https://www.immihelp.com/experience/...rk_permit.html
        Thank you so much for all the explanations! I'll try to keep calm and praying. Checking mailbox, usps, uscis sites everyday without becoming crazy.
        I called the congressman for my region and they told me there that if they request a review about my case, it will probably make the processing time of my case even longer. It seemed that they didnt want to help.
        What bothers me most is the lack of information. Without RFEs nor updates, we get more anxious.
        Let me ask you something: how did you contact ombudsman? Do we call or fill the online form only?

I will reach L2 Officer when my SR reaches 3 weeks. And then maybe e-request/ombudsman/infopass appointment. Or an appointment at congressman's office..
        Lets keep posting here if we find out something or if we receive any updates
        Last edited by Louisie; 03-06-2018, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much for all the explanations! I'll try to keep calm and praying. Checking mailbox, usps, uscis sites everyday without becoming crazy.
          I called the congressman for my region and they told me there that if they request a review about my case, it will probably make the processing time of my case even longer. It seemed that they didnt want to help.
          What bothers me most is the lack of information. Without RFEs nor updates, we get more anxious.
          Let me ask you something: how did you contact ombudsman? Do we call or fill the online form only?

I will reach L2 Officer when my SR reaches 3 weeks. And then maybe e-request/ombudsman/infopass appointment. Or an appointment at congressman's office..
          Lets keep posting here if we find out something or if we receive any updates
          No problem at all.
          So I haven't contacted Ombudsman but I saw it was possible through their website. With congressman initially phone call was reluctant then I asked for a face to face and brought my notice forms with case number and a simple expedition letter. And they took over and started following up for me.

I agree 100% communication could be managed much better and create much less anxiety for all the people.
          I think given your timeline, ombudsman would automatically wanna help with your case.

Comment

No problem at all.
            So I haven't contacted Ombudsman but I saw it was possible through their website. With congressman initially phone call was reluctant then I asked for a face to face and brought my notice forms with case number and a simple expedition letter. And they took over and started following up for me.

I agree 100% communication could be managed much better and create much less anxiety for all the people.
            I think given your timeline, ombudsman would automatically wanna help with your case.
            Thank you again Lynk! Ill contact Ombudsman within a week. And I come back here for a follow up.
            I know that we wouldnt contact everyone ou do all actions at same time (ombudsman, crongressman, infopass etc).

Comment

Thank you again Lynk! Ill contact Ombudsman within a week. And I come back here for a follow up.
              I know that we wouldnt contact everyone ou do all actions at same time (ombudsman, crongressman, infopass etc).
              You're very welcome!
              I'll keep you guys posted for sure.

Comment

News after 215 days

Hi,

Finally good news arrived and Ead was approved today after a long wait. Our pd was August 10 (215 days) and RFE October 1 (165 days).

I know many people have similar timelines and it's very difficult. I can't know for sure but I really hope and believe that, if anyone is waiting, you will also get good news soon.

One info I heard lately is that, 8 month waits are not unheard of nowadays but 12 month wait is EXTREMELY rare/unheard of. That tells me that if you waited for such a long time, (7-8 months) you must be very stressed but it's very likely you will have some sort of a result soon, maybe in a month or two. But the wait will end eventually!

Good luck.

Comment

Big Contragts!

Hi,

Finally good news arrived and Ead was approved today after a long wait. Our pd was August 10 (215 days) and RFE October 1 (165 days).

I know many people have similar timelines and it's very difficult. I can't know for sure but I really hope and believe that, if anyone is waiting, you will also get good news soon.

One info I heard lately is that, 8 month waits are not unheard of nowadays but 12 month wait is EXTREMELY rare/unheard of. That tells me that if you waited for such a long time, (7-8 months) you must be very stressed but it's very likely you will have some sort of a result soon, maybe in a month or two. But the wait will end eventually!

Good luck.
                  Hi lynk,

Glad to hear that! It looks like August filers keep getting good news now. As a July filer, hope I can get some response soon!

I am wondering if it is possible that we get a RFE after a 8-month long wait...? That would be frustrating...

Comment

Dont think so

Originally posted by nora77 View Post
                    Hi lynk,

Glad to hear that! It looks like August filers keep getting good news now. As a July filer, hope I can get some response soon!

I am wondering if it is possible that we get a RFE after a 8-month long wait...? That would be frustrating...
                    Hi Nora,
                    Thanks a lot! I hope the same for you very soon.
                    Honestly, I don't think it's likely at all to get RFE after 8 months, that's just my personal impression and even if it happens I think you would be priority and not wait another 8 months after another RFE. They are serious and RFE after 8 months of course raises questions about timing but I didnt really hear it happen at this point. Have you already tried Ombudsman? Senator? What do they say? It's probably just a waiting game for you at this stage. I know it's difficult but worst part is probably over! Keep us posted please.

Comment

They said my case is under counsel review

Hi Nora,
                      Thanks a lot! I hope the same for you very soon.
                      Honestly, I don't think it's likely at all to get RFE after 8 months, that's just my personal impression and even if it happens I think you would be priority and not wait another 8 months after another RFE. They are serious and RFE after 8 months of course raises questions about timing but I didnt really hear it happen at this point. Have you already tried Ombudsman? Senator? What do they say? It's probably just a waiting game for you at this stage. I know it's difficult but worst part is probably over! Keep us posted please.
                      Hi lynk,

Thanks for your reply! I did contact Ombudsman, but they haven't received a response from USCIS either. And the Senator received a response from them last month saying my case is under Counsel review. A lawyer told me that might be a red flag, but a tier-2 officer said no need to worry about it...So I have no idea if there is something wrong with my application. I will definitely keep you guys posted.

Best,
                      Nora

Comment

New Update about card production

Hi,
                        Just to update the thread:

I was suspicious that I didn't get anything about Ead card ordered/being produced for 2 weeks.
                        L2 call revealed the biometrics were missing. We made an expedited SR and took 1 week for local office to deliver them (this mess up occurs occasionally) and now status shows card being produced (total 3 weeks after approval letter). This was a relief. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

We have applied for I485, I765, I130, I131 concurrently and my wife is US citizen:

* Case received by USCIS - 08/10/17 (days passed: 195)
                          * RFE response received - 10/01/17 (days passed: 142)
                          * Congressman's Expedition request approved based on financial loss - 2/12/18 (days passed: 15)

As of February 21, 2018 today. We are still waiting but devastated, both me and my wife and it started to take a serious toll on us because it is way out of normal processing times and we have no reference.

Does anyone have a comment on this?

Good luck to everyone!
                          So sorry to hear about your case, my case was received on 9/14/2017 and I got an RFE in February
                          I ddidn'trespond to the RFE until 3/16/18 and USCIS received my response on 3/27/18
                          So I've been waiting as well..
                          Hopefully, we hear back soon!!

Whar Service Center is processing your case??

Comment

Originally posted by itzelcg View Post
                            So sorry to hear about your case, my case was received on 9/14/2017 and I got an RFE in February
                            I ddidn'trespond to the RFE until 3/16/18 and USCIS received my response on 3/27/18
                            So I've been waiting as well..
                            Hopefully, we hear back soon!!

Whar Service Center is processing your case??
                            Hey, it can definitely be very though to wait but hang in there! It won't be forever. NBC or MSC is the Service Center.
                            What was your RFE about? Hope your case moves soon!

Comment

Hey, it can definitely be very though to wait but hang in there! It won't be forever. NBC or MSC is the Service Center.
                              What was your RFE about? Hope your case moves soon!
                              RFE was about verifying my identity and name change. So I mailed a copy of my passport, marriage certificate, and divorce.
                              I called customer service and they said after they receive my response my case timeline starts all over
                              & online it shows that for VSC it takes 3-5 months for an approval on an EAD. Just hope it doesn't take that long...
                              Thank you yes it's very stressful hopefully we all get good news soon.

Comment

Originally posted by itzelcg View Post
                                RFE was about verifying my identity and name change. So I mailed a copy of my passport, marriage certificate, and divorce.
                                I called customer service and they said after they receive my response my case timeline starts all over
                                & online it shows that for VSC it takes 3-5 months for an approval on an EAD. Just hope it doesn't take that long...
                                Thank you yes it's very stressful hopefully we all get good news soon.
                                I see. My RFIE was regarding identity as well. I didn't understand it because I also sent passport, marriage certificate etc, IDs + a super official Birth Extract. However I think one document was not translated (due to repetition, only if I knew!). After I sent that one with certified translation as well everything seem to get back on track.

Indeed I believe it cost me 3-4 months. It kindda happens nowadays but I've seen lucky people as well.

Looking back my advice would be, don't be afraid of being proactive: As soon as you can, contact congressman, contact senator, contact ombudsman. Talk to L2 just to explain what you think and kindly ask for solutions. I called a few times and only one of the officers was extremely competent and helpful. The others said nothing helpful and suggested me to wait long amount of times.

Good luck my friend.

ps: in a while you can also call to confirm if RFE response is good and everything is on track now. Because my dhs.uscis account said "We received your response and your case is no longer on hold."
                                feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X