Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD NO RESPONSE 190+ days. (August 2017 Filler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD NO RESPONSE 190+ days. (August 2017 Filler)

Hi Everyone,

We have applied for I485, I765, I130, I131 concurrently and my wife is US citizen:

* ​Case received by USCIS - 08/10/17 (days passed: 195)
    * RFE response received - 10/01/17 (days passed: 142)
    ​* Congressman's Expedition request approved based on financial loss - 2/12/18 (days passed: 15)

As of February 21, 2018 today. We are still waiting but devastated, both me and my wife and it started to take a serious toll on us because it is way out of normal processing times and we have no reference.

Does anyone have a comment on this?

Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by lynk; 02-21-2018, 11:08 PM.

Originally posted by lynk View Post
    Hi Everyone,

We have applied for I485, I765, I130, I131 concurrently and my wife is American citizen:

* ​Case received by USCIS - 08/10/17 (days passed: 195)
    * RFE response received - 10/01/17 (days passed: 142)
    ​* Congressman's Expedition request approved based on financial loss - 2/12/18 (days passed: 15)

As of February 21, 2018 today. We are still waiting but devastated, both me and my wife and it started to take a serious toll on us because it is way out of normal processing times and we have no reference.

Does anyone have a comment on this?

Good luck to everyone!
    I?m so sorry to hear about your case. It is unusually late. I hope you hear back from them. I filed mine in October and got my EAD card last month. Cheer up! I know it?s harf but I hope you hear good news soon

Comment

Originally posted by lka0045 View Post
      I?m so sorry to hear about your case. It is unusually late. I hope you hear back from them. I filed mine in October and got my EAD card last month. Cheer up! I know it?s harf but I hope you hear good news soon
      Thank you so much for your kind words . It did cheer me up! I hope to hear good news soon as well. Will keep you and this thread posted. Also it's an August filer and some other people reported abnormal delays with August filings.

Comment

I've been waiting even longer

Thank you so much for your kind words . It did cheer me up! I hope to hear good news soon as well. Will keep you and this thread posted. Also it's an August filer and some other people reported abnormal delays with August filings.
        Hi there,

My case was received in July and even no RFE yet. I just wanted to let you know that there are applicants who have worse situations than you... I think and hope you will hear something soon since your case has been expedited successfully.

That would be great if you can share with us once you have good news.

Comment

Originally posted by nora77 View Post
          Hi there,

My case was received in July and even no RFE yet. I just wanted to let you know that there are applicants who have worse situations than you... I think and hope you will hear something soon since your case has been expedited successfully.

That would be great if you can share with us once you have good news.
          Hi Nora77,

I'm really sorry to hear about your case being stagnant as well. I hope that no RFE is a good sign in a way that your application won't actually require one and you'll get good news soon. In my case RFE didn't really make much sense anyway. I had already included birth extract, cold stamped, legit and signed by authorities. But I was asked for a primary evidence through RFE. I believe what I sent was already primary and even the lawyer had checked it. Apparently these are extraordinary times. I hope everyone gets a fair and timely processing.

Will definitely share the updates and news, hopefully soon!

ps: Did you already try receiving some support from congressman/ombudsman or senator regarding your case?

Kind regards

Comment

Waiting for Godot!185 days and counting!

Hi everyone,

Depression set in. I'm really at the end of my rope with this process. I keep calling customer service but their answer remains the same:wait!
            So infuriating, why do they process October 1st if August cases are still pending?. My husband keeps saying "Don't worry it's coming to an end " but every week I tell myself "maybe and then Friday comes and still nothing ".
            I'm sorry Nora, I know how hard it is . I just keep praying, it's so painful.
            I haven't received a RFE either , nothing from them since my biometrics appointment.
            It hurts deeply.
            Please God help us.

Comment

Originally posted by sam7 View Post
              Hi everyone,

Depression set in. I'm really at the end of my rope with this process. I keep calling customer service but their answer remains the same:wait!
              So infuriating, why do they process October 1st if August cases are still pending?. My husband keeps saying "Don't worry it's coming to an end " but every week I tell myself "maybe and then Friday comes and still nothing ".
              I haven't received a RFE either , nothing from them since my biometrics appointment.
              It hurts deeply.
              Please God help us.
              It seems like we have a similar timeline. It must be something with August filers as some other people suggested (July as well maybe to an extend).

I believe you will hear from them in a month or so latest, from what I've been reading it's very likely that you'll hear news right around 6 month period nowadays. In the meanwhile keeping stress levels under control is very important!

I think we are not alone. Many people are in this situation waiting but not everybody comes here and signs up and writes their timeline so it seems like less people than actual.

However the more there is participation rather than passive reading the better everyone knows and we can navigate better through these hard times of uncertainty.

Don't worry it will be over soon.

Best wishes!

Comment

I filed I-130, I-485, and I-765 concurrently in July 17. However, I havent't heard anything back from USCIS. I contacted a congressman few weeks ago and my expedite request for I-765 (EAD) was approved. Hope to hear good news soon. It's been more than 7 months for me. All I can do is praying.
                God Bless Us All.

Comment

Hi Nora77,

I'm really sorry to hear about your case being stagnant as well. I hope that no RFE is a good sign in a way that your application won't actually require one and you'll get good news soon. In my case RFE didn't really make much sense anyway. I had already included birth extract, cold stamped, legit and signed by authorities. But I was asked for a primary evidence through RFE. I believe what I sent was already primary and even the lawyer had checked it. Apparently these are extraordinary times. I hope everyone gets a fair and timely processing.

Will definitely share the updates and news, hopefully soon!

ps: Did you already try receiving some support from congressman/ombudsman or senator regarding your case?

Kind regards
                  Hi lynk,

Yes I did. I've contacted ombudsman and senator. Ombudsman is waiting for a response too, so I do not think that work a lot. Senator helped me follow up again and I received a reply from them this morning saying that my application is under Counsel review and the assigned officer must wait to receive final guidance from their legal Counsel before making a final decision.

I totally have no idea what it is and where my case is... But I believe you guys have better situation then me.

Best,
                  Nora

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by tranquoc View Post
                  I filed I-130, I-485, and I-765 concurrently in July 17. However, I havent't heard anything back from USCIS. I contacted a congressman few weeks ago and my expedite request for I-765 (EAD) was approved. Hope to hear good news soon. It's been more than 7 months for me. All I can do is praying.
                  God Bless Us All.
                  My application was receive on July 17,2017.... and no response yet

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sam7 View Post
                  Hi everyone,

It hurts deeply.
                  Please God help us.
                  Yes it is hard and it makes me learn how to calm down and be more patient ;-). Hope we will here something soon!

Comment

[QUOTE=nora77;556686]Hi lynk,

Yes I did. I've contacted ombudsman and senator. Ombudsman is waiting for a response too, so I do not think that work a lot. Senator helped me follow up again and I received a reply from them this morning saying that my application is under Counsel review and the assigned officer must wait to receive final guidance from their legal Counsel before making a final decision.

I totally have no idea what it is and where my case is... But I believe you guys have better situation then me.

Best,
                    Nora

- - - Updated - - -

Legal counsel involvement is something I didn't know before but I really hope everything works out for you as well. At least if it's final counsel maybe things are moving then.

Best luck

Comment

Phone call update

We have talked to a L2 officer and he informed us it is in the final adjudication room as of recently.

I'm a little relieved that at least things are moving. He suggested we don't do an SR as this would take the case and give it to someone else to start working on again, so we didn't.

He was very nice and appropriate.

Comment

We have talked to a L2 officer and he informed us it is in the final adjudication room as of recently.

I'm a little relieved that at least things are moving. He suggested we don't do an SR as this would take the case and give it to someone else to start working on again, so we didn't.

He was very nice and appropriate.
                        Hi Lynk,

I filed 8/18 and am still waiting....I am surprised that they were able to give you so much detail!! What specifically did you ask to find that out?

Comment

Originally posted by truebluetorwb View Post
                          Hi Lynk,

I filed 8/18 and am still waiting....I am surprised that they were able to give you so much detail!! What specifically did you ask to find that out?
                          Hello,

We just really asked for information, had all the timeline in front of us and never stuttered, we knew what to say exactly. Maybe he felt the confidence and before we said much he explained all of it. He was really nice too, so we might have been just lucky. They also realize 7 month is a very long wait for Ead/Ap without any explanation.

My feeling is it's not necessarily personal but they are really vetting all the checks, security and what not, which is adding significantly more time +extreme application volume.

Anyway I hope to hear your good news soon! Please keep us posted. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Link,

I would like to thank you dearly for your kind words that really moved me to tears. It's just so hard to wait and wait , I had to see 8 months go by before I could receive my new I.94 without which I could not start filing.
                            Things seem to be moving forward for you though, you must be relieved.
                            I guess there is nothing much I can do at this point, it is just nerve wracking to be at the mercy of human laws. I wish you all the best, I pray that we'll get this bloody card in the mail soon. Sometimes, I think they just forgot about my case, it has to be lost or buried under a pile that doesn't matter that much to them.
                            It is cruel but then again life is a constant battle for some of us, like Tolstoy once said in Resurrection "Are some people born to suffer?", I tend to agree with him especially having to live so modestly in a tiny room due to having only one salary (my husband's).
                            All the best to all of you, I will make myself scarce for a while .
                            Best.

Comment

dont know what to do

Originally posted by truebluetorwb View Post
                              Hi Lynk,

Sometimes reading the posts here I think that maybe uscis is giving a hard time for August/September/October filers. I didnt receive RFE, or any other update on the site. Total silence. I dont know what to do. Some people say we should raise a SR. Others say Do not. Some say to try Ombudsman, Congressman. Others say it could pull the case back.
                              I think it also depends by each case. People are under different types of visa and all asked for the same combo 131/765/485. Maybe some cases take longer than others.
                              My timeline is:
                              Sep 25th - case received 131 and 765
                              Oct 2nd - case received 485
                              Oct 19th - fingerprints
                              Feb 27th - Service Request - 30 days to hear back
                              Maybe we took too long between Oct and Feb, but the processing times were not reaching our PD date that time.
                              I needed to travel and canceled everything. Im hopeless thinking my case is stuck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X