Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Application - Administrative Processing

Hello,

I applied for the B1/B2 visa on 16th February 2018. At the interview, I was asked general questions about my degree, my research project, my employer and who will be paying for the trip etc. I will be going to the US for training and this training is a part of the role with my employer. The consulate officer looked at all my documents and did look satisfied, however, she said that it'll take about a month or more to actually get a decision on my application. She returned my passport to me and kept the DS-160 and my employer letter. She said that the application has to go through necessary "Administrative Processing". I'm not sure what that means but whatever I have seen online, all I got to know was its uncertain and anything can happen. Can someone please guide/help me on this one?

Thanks.

Requesting passport

08/03/2018: Got an email to submit my passport to the US Embassy for visa issuance . I know its for issuing the visa but just to reconfirm, they ask for passport only if they approve it, correct? Could someone tell as to how long does it take for them to stamp the visa and send it back?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by squall View Post
      08/03/2018: Got an email to submit my passport to the US Embassy for visa issuance . I know its for issuing the visa but just to reconfirm, they ask for passport only if they approve it, correct? Could someone tell as to how long does it take for them to stamp the visa and send it back?

Cheers.
      Good, your visa is almost approved. Once you submit your passport, you should get it back with visa in a week time.

Have patience - you are all good to go.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X