EB-3 Category From Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB-3 Category From Turkey

My employer is applying for my green card, although I have masters and over 5 years? experience in Mechanical Engineering field they're telling me they will be applying through EB3 category. Because Priority date for Turkey is current and it wouldn?t very big difference whether they're applying through EB2 or EB3 because its current in both categories.

I am not very familiar with this process, however when I talk with my colleges whom been through the same they're telling me EB2 is much faster at least for their country(India).

Can anyone share their opinion if I should pressure the HR and the Immigration Lawyers to change my category to EB2. Or I should just let them apply from EB3 since it will not make any difference.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by euzel42 View Post
    My employer is applying for my green card, although I have masters and over 5 years? experience in Mechanical Engineering field they're telling me they will be applying through EB3 category. Because Priority date for Turkey is current and it wouldn?t very big difference whether they're applying through EB2 or EB3 because its current in both categories.

I am not very familiar with this process, however when I talk with my colleges whom been through the same they're telling me EB2 is much faster at least for their country(India).

Can anyone share their opinion if I should pressure the HR and the Immigration Lawyers to change my category to EB2. Or I should just let them apply from EB3 since it will not make any difference.

Thanks in advance!
    If priority date is current in both categories for Turkey, then I suggest you apply for EB-3 category because your qualification for EB-3 is easier to prove you satisfy the EB-3 minimum.

Comment

I agree with lostpacket. You'll be getting a green card under the EB-3 preference category a whole decade before your Indian coworkers get their green cards under the EB-2 preference category. Whether your employer sponsors you under 2nd preference or 3rd preference doesn't matter because all these preference categories are current for anyone not chargeable to India, China, or the Philippines.

Comment

Hi euzel42, I am a citizen of Turkey too and I am also waiting on my Eb3 currently. I also have a master's degree, plus 5 years of work experience like yourself, but because nobody else on my team has a master's degree, our lawyer had to go through an Eb3 application instead of an Eb2. Could you give me some info regarding your application and how things are going for you? My PWD was filed in December 2018 and I am still going through the recruitment process. Has your i- 485 been filed already? and is there a wait time for Turkish citizens?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X