Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EB1 Category Eligibility check- Can I file my own Green Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1 Category Eligibility check- Can I file my own Green Card?

Hi, I am an artist (oil painter and classical dancer) and an academic professional from India. Currently, I am on H4 visa in USA.
    Skills and work profile: 1. I have worked as a Research reviewer/Proof reader and editor for a publication house in India, for 3 years. 2. I have also worked as content head for a mental health and wellness organization in Bangalore, for one and half years. 3. I have worked as a teacher (in and outside conventional education system) for about 10 years. I have worked as an artist (professional painter and dancer) for non profit organizations.
    Educational Qualifications: My Highest degree of Education is Master's in English Literature. I am a Sangeet Visharad (i.e. Graduate in classical dance and music from Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh) and Kala Visharad (Graduate in Fine Arts from All India Fine Arts Association, West Bengal). I have also done many special course certifications from universities like Harvard, MIT, Berkeley via edX. (documents supported)
    Publications: I have 5 research publications in International journals (I have web links and respective certificates for them). I have an academic book published which is now available on Amazon and other bookstores globally.
    Memberships: I am an Exhibiting Member at the TVAA (Treasure Valley Artist's Alliance), a prominent art organization of US, located in Boise, Idaho. (Membership card and welcome letter with me)
    Events: I have been selected (among 38 best artists from all over USA) and have exhibited my art pieces in the 'Together in the Dark' art exhibition held by the TVAA at the Gem Centre for the arts, Boise (as non-profit, i.e. not for sale). There are a couple of more exhibitions ahead.(certificate and letter of credit I have. Also the online exhibition link is available).

My Question: As I was going through the requirements checklist for EB1, I felt I could meet 3 to 4 of the evidence, among the listed 10 criteria under EB1(a). 1. I do have national or internationally recognized awards for arts and classical dance. 2. I am a member of a recognized organization (in USA) where I have significant contribution in the field of art. 3. I have 5 scholarly articles in international publications and 4. I have my artworks exhibited in a global exhibition (in USA). I want to know - Can I self-file my Green Card under EB1 category; 'Extraordinary Talent in field of arts, science, architecture' etc. specification?? Please intimate me what are the possibilities for the same???

Yes, go ahead - you've all qualification/experience required for EB1(A). Best of luck !!
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Oyini 12 View Post
      Hi, I am an artist (oil painter and classical dancer) and an academic professional from India. Currently, I am on H4 visa in USA.
      Skills and work profile: 1. I have worked as a Research reviewer/Proof reader and editor for a publication house in India, for 3 years. 2. I have also worked as content head for a mental health and wellness organization in Bangalore, for one and half years. 3. I have worked as a teacher (in and outside conventional education system) for about 10 years. I have worked as an artist (professional painter and dancer) for non profit organizations.
      Educational Qualifications: My Highest degree of Education is Master's in English Literature. I am a Sangeet Visharad (i.e. Graduate in classical dance and music from Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh) and Kala Visharad (Graduate in Fine Arts from All India Fine Arts Association, West Bengal). I have also done many special course certifications from universities like Harvard, MIT, Berkeley via edX. (documents supported)
      Publications: I have 5 research publications in International journals (I have web links and respective certificates for them). I have an academic book published which is now available on Amazon and other bookstores globally.
      Memberships: I am an Exhibiting Member at the TVAA (Treasure Valley Artist's Alliance), a prominent art organization of US, located in Boise, Idaho. (Membership card and welcome letter with me)
      Events: I have been selected (among 38 best artists from all over USA) and have exhibited my art pieces in the 'Together in the Dark' art exhibition held by the TVAA at the Gem Centre for the arts, Boise (as non-profit, i.e. not for sale). There are a couple of more exhibitions ahead.(certificate and letter of credit I have. Also the online exhibition link is available).

My Question: As I was going through the requirements checklist for EB1, I felt I could meet 3 to 4 of the evidence, among the listed 10 criteria under EB1(a). 1. I do have national or internationally recognized awards for arts and classical dance. 2. I am a member of a recognized organization (in USA) where I have significant contribution in the field of art. 3. I have 5 scholarly articles in international publications and 4. I have my artworks exhibited in a global exhibition (in USA). I want to know - Can I self-file my Green Card under EB1 category; 'Extraordinary Talent in field of arts, science, architecture' etc. specification?? Please intimate me what are the possibilities for the same???

Hi,

You have all the required eligibility criteria for EB1 GC category. Just wanted to know if you were able to file for GC under EB1/A category ? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Oyini 12 View Post

Well, based on what you've said, "I felt I could meet 3 to 4 of the evidence, among the listed 10 criteria under EB1" , It's behind the criteria. But I think it's worth giving a try. (Just my own opinion, not an expert.)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X