N400 naturalization timeline for Houston TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 naturalization timeline for Houston TX

Have applied for US citizenship in 04/2017. Finger printing completed and got an message saying "we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400" in 5/2017. Still waiting for interview letter..

One of my neighbor applied in Jan 2018 and got an interview letter. His interview is scheduled for March 1st.

Not sure which order they are processing the applications?

I applied the manual application and he applied online. Does online applications are being processed faster than manual application? if so, can manual application be converted to online? Does anyone have information on this?

Originally posted by Nani76 View Post
    Have applied for US citizenship in 04/2017. Finger printing completed and got an message saying "we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400" in 5/2017. Still waiting for interview letter..

One of my neighbor applied in Jan 2018 and got an interview letter. His interview is scheduled for March 1st.

Not sure which order they are processing the applications?

I applied the manual application and he applied online. Does online applications are being processed faster than manual application? if so, can manual application be converted to online? Does anyone have information on this?

For what I know, when you file by paper they need to make it "online" by scanning it in the system. Since you already sent by paper, you cant change it now. And I believe thats why paper takes longer than online. Online is already in their system from day 1 while paper they still need to put in their system after they received it.
    I'm not sure if that is correct, but that is what I have been hearing. Everyone that I know who filed online is getting way faster than who filed by paper.
    If yours is out of processing time you should try a service request or look for help from a congressman/women in your area.

Good Luck to you!

Comment

Same for us

same for us: my wife and I are waiting since august 2017 when we've received scheduling confirmation (7 month now).
      we are checking the uscis website, the only field offices which are processing 2016 files are in texas (houston, dallas). the other FO are processing Q2-Q3 2017 files, few do Q1-2017 files... even big cities like LA or NY are processing Q2-17 files.

if we follow the speed trend of the houston office (currently processing oct 2016), we should wait another 14 month!

I wonder why texas FO are so behind?

has it happened in the past that a FO suddenly processed its backlog and did catch up with other FOs?
      N400 application - july 2017
      finger print - july 2017
      scheduled - august 2017
      awaiting interview

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X