Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US citizen currently working in the UK on a T2 ICT long term visa - marriage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US citizen currently working in the UK on a T2 ICT long term visa - marriage question

I am US citizen, currently working in the UK on a T2 ICT long term visa - my girlfriend is from Mexico living in Mexico.

I'm planning to propose on my holiday but wondering what options to consider for eventual return to US.

1. Apply for a UK Marry Visit Visa and marry in the UK - then return to US after my assignment.
    2. Request an early return back to the US and apply for a Fiancée Visa when I'm back in the US.

I would like to choose option #1 so we can stay in the UK as long as I can but I have a few questions / concerns.

1. If we chose option #1 above, then we couldn't utilize #2 above when I return back to the US - what options would we have when I return back to US and how long would the process take ?
    2. Would it be easier to choose option #2 above and return to US?

Any concerns / other options related or unrelated to the above ? Your advice would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X