Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two PERM from same employer

Hi All,

I already have PERM and I140 approved from my employer say Location A. Now I am working from home and my H1B LCA is from my home. My HR suggested that since I am working from home they suggester that I start new PERM from home.

1. What I want to know here is if the same employer starts a new PERM from location as my home, what will happen to the already approved PERM from location A?
    2. IF the new PERM from my home location by any chance gets audited or delayed before my priority date becomes current, can I use the old approved PERM to file I485 from my previous approved PERM location?
    3. Can same employer run two PERM from different location and if both approved will I have chance to chose which PERM I use when my PD becomes current.

Anything I need to be concern about, like if the same company sponsers a new PERM with new location and I loose PERM from the old location?

Originally posted by ssbreddy View Post
    Hi All,

I already have PERM and I140 approved from my employer say Location A. Now I am working from home and my H1B LCA is from my home. My HR suggested that since I am working from home they suggester that I start new PERM from home.

1. What I want to know here is if the same employer starts a new PERM from location as my home, what will happen to the already approved PERM from location A?
    2. IF the new PERM from my home location by any chance gets audited or delayed before my priority date becomes current, can I use the old approved PERM to file I485 from my previous approved PERM location?
    3. Can same employer run two PERM from different location and if both approved will I have chance to chose which PERM I use when my PD becomes current.

Anything I need to be concern about, like if the same company sponsers a new PERM with new location and I loose PERM from the old location?
    1. Perm is for the purpose of filing your I140, and typically has a validity of 1 yr. After that it has no validity. And since you have already filed and got the I140 approved, you need not be concerned with your previous PERM.
    2. You do not use a PERM to file your I485. You use the approved I140.
    3.Once again PERM has nothing to do with your I485. It is the I140 that matters. An employer can get as many PERM certifications approved as he/she chooses. They will use only 1 to file a I140, and after that it is the I140 that matters.

It looks like you are confused between I140 and PERM. They are two separate things. A PERM is merely a certification from DOL regarding the position being petitioned for (prevailing wage scale, etc.), which allows USCIS to make a judgment regarding your I140. So even if an employer just wants to test the waters, without any intention of filing a I140, they can go through the PERM processing.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X