? re age for fiancee visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? re age for fiancee visa

Do you have to be 21 to apply for a fiancee visa? My step-son wants to marry his girlfriend but he's only 19. She is in Mexico and we live in San Diego. Any info is appreciated.

Originally posted by lovedoggies5 View Post
    Do you have to be 21 to apply for a fiancee visa? My step-son wants to marry his girlfriend but he's only 19. She is in Mexico and we live in San Diego. Any info is appreciated.
    No. 18 is sufficient for signing the Affidavit of Support.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by lovedoggies5 View Post
      To add to the previous helpful answer, usually the minimum is 18 years of age. However, that depends on the law of the state in which the couple will get married. Most, if not all, US states require 18 years.
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
        To add to the previous helpful answer, usually the minimum is 18 years of age. However, that depends on the law of the state in which the couple will get married. Most, if not all, US states require 18 years.
        Thanks so much for the info. Have a great day!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X