Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consular Processing - Supporting documents for NVC

Hi All,

Considering to undergo Employment-Based GC with consular processing path after leaving US(H1B maxout) and relocated to India. EB1/I-140 was approved 2 weeks ago and my attorney said along with Consular process, my petition gives option to also also select AOS path for which I have to re-enter US with another non-immigrant visa(like, L1A), so I am checking with my employer on possibility of L1A or eventually could go for Consular process.

I am yet to receive document list from NVC, but reading in few Immigration forums what worries me is whether Police Clearance Certificate(PCC) will be mandatory along with other documents, like - tax returns and notarized Job offer.
    Can anyone(going through Consular process) advise if PCC would be mandatory and if someone has lived/worked at multiple cities/countries with stay duration> 12 months(after the age of 18 yrs), then from where one can obtain the PCC?

Below is the list of documents for CP that I am able to collect from few forums & USCIS sites -

Approved I-140 petition.
    The receipt notice for Form I-824 (only if indicating to apply for consular processing at first) or the approved notice for Form I-824 (only if later requesting consular processing)
    Evidence that your last residence was in the host country of the post
    Form DS-230: Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Part I (Biographic Information) and Part II (Sworn Statement)
    Birth Certificates : One certified copy for each person named in your application
    Police Clearance Certificate: each applicant named in your application must have a certificate from the appropriate police authority stating whatever their records show about that applicant. This certificate must cover the entire period of your stay in any area.
    Court and Prison Records - if applicable
    Updated job offer letter from your employer
    Medical Report: All applicants must pass a medical examination from one of the approved panel physicians
    Passport: all applicants' passports must be valid for at least six months beyond the visa issue date. Minor children should have their own passports
    Proof of Relationship with spouse and children: this may include marriage certificate (along with proof of termination of previous marriage, if applicable), birth certificates etc.
    Photographs: visa photographs must meet the new requirements

Originally posted by shreyabd View Post
    Hi All,

Considering to undergo Employment-Based GC with consular processing path after leaving US(H1B maxout) and relocated to India. EB1/I-140 was approved 2 weeks ago and my attorney said along with Consular process, my petition gives option to also also select AOS path for which I have to re-enter US with another non-immigrant visa(like, L1A), so I am checking with my employer on possibility of L1A or eventually could go for Consular process.

I am yet to receive document list from NVC, but reading in few Immigration forums what worries me is whether Police Clearance Certificate(PCC) will be mandatory along with other documents, like - tax returns and notarized Job offer.
    Can anyone(going through Consular process) advise if PCC would be mandatory and if someone has lived/worked at multiple cities/countries with stay duration> 12 months(after the age of 18 yrs), then from where one can obtain the PCC?

Below is the list of documents for CP that I am able to collect from few forums & USCIS sites -

Approved I-140 petition.
    The receipt notice for Form I-824 (only if indicating to apply for consular processing at first) or the approved notice for Form I-824 (only if later requesting consular processing)
    Evidence that your last residence was in the host country of the post
    Form DS-230: Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Part I (Biographic Information) and Part II (Sworn Statement)
    Birth Certificates : One certified copy for each person named in your application
    Police Clearance Certificate: each applicant named in your application must have a certificate from the appropriate police authority stating whatever their records show about that applicant. This certificate must cover the entire period of your stay in any area.
    Court and Prison Records - if applicable
    Updated job offer letter from your employer
    Medical Report: All applicants must pass a medical examination from one of the approved panel physicians
    Passport: all applicants' passports must be valid for at least six months beyond the visa issue date. Minor children should have their own passports
    Proof of Relationship with spouse and children: this may include marriage certificate (along with proof of termination of previous marriage, if applicable), birth certificates etc.
    Photographs: visa photographs must meet the new requirements
    Police certificate is very easy to get. Do not get hassled about it. Go to the passport office website and apply for Police certificate online there. You will be given a date to appear in the passport office and you can pick up the police certificate. In case of other countries than India, you require a police certificate. But in case you have mot visited the foreign country lately, then it is not mandatory. In case your previous country was USA, then the police certificate is not required.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X