Oath taking ceremony - Atlanta Field Office 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lk2010 View Post
    I applied in Aug 2017. Last night my online status changed to that my case is scheduled for an interview. How long does it take to get actual letter in the mail.

Do they ask to bring IRS-tax filling receipts. Did you guys take the tax filing receipts with you? My field office is Atlanta.
    Everything related to your case will be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joni8ritt67 View Post
      Everything related to your case will be needed.
      Thank you. Did the officer ask you for tax receipts? What else is important to take other than IRS receipts, that will not be mentioned in the letter to take for the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by lk2010 View Post
        Thank you. Did the officer ask you for tax receipts? What else is important to take other than IRS receipts, that will not be mentioned in the letter to take for the interview.
        She did not ask for them but when I submitted my application, it was before tax time. I filed my returns, found out that I owed and I paid the IRS. During my interview, I voluntarily told her that I had the paperwork to go along with my application and she accepted it. I did this because I have read numerous times on this forum where applicants think they won’t be asked for tax returns and when they fail to disclose the information, it gets misconstrued. Plus you hold back your journey; you don’t want any misconceptions on your part. The IO checks your paperwork and their supervisor checks behind them. Take a copy of all the paperwork you sent in your package and anything relevant to your case while you waited for the interview; any infractions that occurred and you gave paperwork to show, take it with you.
        Last edited by Joni8ritt67; 04-29-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joni8ritt67 View Post
          She did not ask for them but when I submitted my application, it was before tax time. I filed my returns, found out that I owed and I paid the IRS. During my interview, I voluntarily told her that I had the paperwork to go along with my application and she accepted it. I did this because I have read numerous times on this forum where applicants think they won?t be asked for tax returns and when they fail to disclose the information, it gets misconstrued. Plus you hold back your journey; you don?t want any misconceptions on your part. The IO checks your paperwork and their supervisor checks behind them. Take a copy of all the paperwork you sent in your package and anything relevant to your case while you waited for the interview; any infractions that occurred and you gave paperwork to show, take it with you.
          Thank you!

Comment

Interview

Originally posted by drppk View Post
            I passed my citizenship interview in early Feb 2018 in ATL field office. A few days later my online status was updated to - oath taking ceremony will be scheduled.
            a. Do I expect another status change when the oath taking ceremony has been scheduled and letter mailed out to me ?
            b. Has anyone been scheduled for an oath taking ceremony in ATL recently. wondering what is the expected wait time here in ATL .

Appreciate any input.
            Anyone know If I arrive early to my interview if I can wait in line or do I have to stick to my set time? I know Biometrics we all had a time but we all lined up and was seen as first come first served.
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CRYSTAL86 View Post
              Anyone know If I arrive early to my interview if I can wait in line or do I have to stick to my set time? I know Biometrics we all had a time but we all lined up and was seen as first come first served.
              Thanks!
              You’ll be allowed in, I arrived 30 minutes early. You will stop at the checkpoint and remove earrings, watch, belt .... you know the drill. Once you go upstairs, you will be asked some questions by an IO (everyone will be asked individually), and you’ll just follow their instructions. Remember to bring your letter; relish the moment and congratulations again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X