Oath taking ceremony - Atlanta Field Office 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oath taking ceremony - Atlanta Field Office 2018

I passed my citizenship interview in early Feb 2018 in ATL field office. A few days later my online status was updated to - oath taking ceremony will be scheduled.
    a. Do I expect another status change when the oath taking ceremony has been scheduled and letter mailed out to me ?
    b. Has anyone been scheduled for an oath taking ceremony in ATL recently. wondering what is the expected wait time here in ATL .

Appreciate any input.

My FO is in Denver

Originally posted by drppk View Post
    I passed my citizenship interview in early Feb 2018 in ATL field office. A few days later my online status was updated to - oath taking ceremony will be scheduled.
    a. Do I expect another status change when the oath taking ceremony has been scheduled and letter mailed out to me ?
    b. Has anyone been scheduled for an oath taking ceremony in ATL recently. wondering what is the expected wait time here in ATL .

Appreciate any input.

I would say YES. Your online status will update into Oath Ceremony Was mailed. I just received my update the other day. I also had an interview in Feb 14. Here is my timeline

10/23/2017- sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
    10/26/2017- NOA 1 with IOExxxx receipt number
    10/28/2017- Biometric scheduled (online status)
    11/16/2017- Biometric done at ASC
    01/10/2018- online status updated - Interview has been scheduled
    02/14/2018- Interview (passed) but decision cannot be made because of pending ROC. Officer has to review it first before he will approved my n400.
    02/20/2018- online status updated- We placed you in line for youth ceremony and will send you a notice. .......
    03/02/2018- Oath letter mailed...yay

Comment

Originally posted by Jbee View Post
      I would say YES. Your online status will update into Oath Ceremony Was mailed. I just received my update the other day. I also had an interview in Feb 14. Here is my timeline

10/23/2017- sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
      10/26/2017- NOA 1 with IOExxxx receipt number
      10/28/2017- Biometric scheduled (online status)
      11/16/2017- Biometric done at ASC
      01/10/2018- online status updated - Interview has been scheduled
      02/14/2018- Interview (passed) but decision cannot be made because of pending ROC. Officer has to review it first before he will approved my n400.
      02/20/2018- online status updated- We placed you in line for youth ceremony and will send you a notice. .......
      03/02/2018- Oath letter mailed...yay
      Thank you ! I hope to see my status change soon. Almost been 4 weeks since interview. I guess ATL office is just slower

Comment

N400 Oath Ceremony

drppk, I’m right there with you. I passed my interview on February 2nd and no updates either. Biding my time and packing my patience. I know it’s the last hurdle to go over but this waiting is no joke.
        Thanks for the update Jbee; congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Joni8ritt67 View Post
          drppk, I?m right there with you. I passed my interview on February 2nd and no updates either. Biding my time and packing my patience. I know it?s the last hurdle to go over but this waiting is no joke.
          Thanks for the update Jbee; congratulations.
          That's so true. Waiting is the worse. I just received and update online on my oath ceremony. It will be on March 20th 2018. I hope you'll hear from them soon. Good luck.

Comment

USCIS Phone Calll

Originally posted by Jbee View Post
            That's so true. Waiting is the worse. I just received and update online on my oath ceremony. It will be on March 20th 2018. I hope you'll hear from them soon. Good luck.
            I called and spoke with a young lady at the USCIS office yesterday. She informed me that although the interviewing officer recommends the application for approval, there is a final process that the application goes
            must go through and that can take up to 120 days. Her advice was, if another 90 days pass and we have not received any update; call back and they will put an inquiry in for the case. 30+days have since passed so we’ll see.

Comment

I called and spoke with a young lady at the USCIS office yesterday. She informed me that although the interviewing officer recommends the application for approval, there is a final process that the application goes
              must go through and that can take up to 120 days. Her advice was, if another 90 days pass and we have not received any update; call back and they will put an inquiry in for the case. 30+days have since passed so we?ll see.
              I called them today and they gave me generic answer. I don?t think it was helpful at all since she told me pretty much what I already knew. I still don?t understand the wide disparity between how long it takes to oath taking ceremony. But I don?t think there is much to do other than wait. Good luck!

Comment

I called them today and they gave me generic answer. I don?t think it was helpful at all since she told me pretty much what I already knew. I still don?t understand the wide disparity between how long it takes to oath taking ceremony. But I don?t think there is much to do other than wait. Good luck!
                I was told that ATL field office is working on applications from feb 2017 so oath taking will take time. I can?t understand how people who interviewed just before or after me have gotten their oath taking already but as per uscis this isn?t true.

Comment

I was told that ATL field office is working on applications from feb 2017 so oath taking will take time. I can?t understand how people who interviewed just before or after me have gotten their oath taking already but as per uscis this isn?t true.
                  drppk, I’m encouraging you as well as encouraging myself to wait. I know we are right there; so close to getting everything done and it seems as if it’s another long wait. Hang in there friend, we will get Naturalized and our dream of becoming US Citizens will be complete.

Comment

Oath Ceremony Update

drppk, I?m encouraging you as well as encouraging myself to wait. I know we are right there; so close to getting everything done and it seems as if it?s another long wait. Hang in there friend, we will get Naturalized and our dream of becoming US Citizens will be complete.
                    FINALLY. I received an update today that my Oath Ceremony has been scheduled and the letter has been mailed. Oh, how I have waited. Please be patient everyone, I know it’s hard not to check for an update every day but it will come.
                    For those who want to know my timeline:
                    N400 Applied for in Feb. 2017
                    Fingerprint completed in March 2017
                    Interviewed Feb. 2018
                    Oath Ceremony TBD
                    My timeline appears like an eternity but do not apply it to yourselves, everybody’s case is different; you’ll find out when you go before the IO. Use your time to go over your application so you don’t forget important details and get the Notice stating that ‘A Determination Could Not Be Made’. Do not misrepresent the truth. Anything that you did not include in your application, bring it with you to your interview. It wasn’t tax time when I applied and I brought the updated tax information with me because they WILL request it and it WILL stall your process.
                    While I waited for my Oath Ceremony, I picked out what to wear or how I’ll do my hair, distractions; most of all, I prayed.
                    Last edited by Joni8ritt67; 03-23-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

FINALLY. I received an update today that my Oath Ceremony has been scheduled and the letter has been mailed. Oh, how I have waited. Please be patient everyone, I know it?s hard not to check for an update every day but it will come.
                      Interviewed Feb. 2018
                      Oath Ceremony TBD
                      My timeline appears like an eternity but do not apply it to yourselves, everybody?s case is different; you?ll find out when you go before the IO. Use your time to go over your application so you don?t forget important details and get the Notice stating that ?A Determination Could Not Be Made?. Do not misrepresent the truth. Anything that you did not include in your application, bring it with you to your interview. It wasn?t tax time when I applied and I brought the updated tax information with me because they WILL request it and it WILL stall your process.
                      While I waited for my Oath Ceremony, I picked out what to wear or how I?ll do my hair, distractions; most of all, I prayed.
                      Congrats !! You are almost done with the process

Comment

Congrats !! You are almost done with the process
                        I’m hoping you’ll hear from them soon too; you’re interview was a week after mine. Please post when you do drppk.

Comment

Oath Ceremony

My Oath Ceremony has been scheduled and I will post the details. Good luck to everyone who just started and are in the process.

Comment

My Oath Ceremony has been scheduled and I will post the details. Good luck to everyone who just started and are in the process.
                            Oath Ceremony was today and it was great. We arrived at 7:00am and were allowed in; there were 146 people being Naturalized from 36 countries. We watched two videos, received information on registering to vote and then we were sworn in. Once we received our certificates, we exited the room. Other information was given, importantly TAKE CARE OF YOUR NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE. The ceremony was short and sweet, you can bring your camera or phone for photos and your family can be there; space is limited. Good luck to everyone that are in the process, I wish you much success.

Comment

FINALLY. I received an update today that my Oath Ceremony has been scheduled and the letter has been mailed. Oh, how I have waited. Please be patient everyone, I know it?s hard not to check for an update every day but it will come.
                              Interviewed Feb. 2018
                              Oath Ceremony TBD
                              My timeline appears like an eternity but do not apply it to yourselves, everybody?s case is different; you?ll find out when you go before the IO. Use your time to go over your application so you don?t forget important details and get the Notice stating that ?A Determination Could Not Be Made?. Do not misrepresent the truth. Anything that you did not include in your application, bring it with you to your interview. It wasn?t tax time when I applied and I brought the updated tax information with me because they WILL request it and it WILL stall your process.
                              While I waited for my Oath Ceremony, I picked out what to wear or how I?ll do my hair, distractions; most of all, I prayed.
                              I applied in Aug 2017. Last night my online status changed to that my case is scheduled for an interview. How long does it take to get actual letter in the mail.

Do they ask to bring IRS-tax filling receipts. Did you guys take the tax filing receipts with you? My field office is Atlanta.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X