Green card re-entry permit DENIED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card re-entry permit DENIED

Hi! Does anyone have experience with denied re-entry permit for green card residents. My Mom's application just go denied (we don't know the reasons yet; waiting for USCIS letter with reasons for denial). We are shocked as our lawyer said this was a slum dunk application that should definitely get approved. My Mom left the US after the biometrics appointment - something the lawyer advised we were allowed to do. Now I am wondering if this could have had anything to do with the denial? This was the Nebraska USCIS center. Has anyone had similar experiences? Thank you!

Originally posted by dnachink View Post
    Hi! Does anyone have experience with denied re-entry permit for green card residents. My Mom's application just go denied (we don't know the reasons yet; waiting for USCIS letter with reasons for denial). We are shocked as our lawyer said this was a slum dunk application that should definitely get approved. My Mom left the US after the biometrics appointment - something the lawyer advised we were allowed to do. Now I am wondering if this could have had anything to do with the denial? This was the Nebraska USCIS center. Has anyone had similar experiences? Thank you!
    DID she apply for and get approved for Advanced Parole before she left?
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
      she can't leave the USA without an advance parole document, lawyer should have known that!

Comment

Does the mom have a Green Card? If so, she would be applying for a Reentry Permit, which she did, and if denied there must be a specific reason for the denial.

If mom does not have a Green Card, and her Adjustment of Status is in processing mode, she is not eligible for a Reentry Permit.

--Ray B

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X