Passprt number different on appointment confirmation and DS160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passprt number different on appointment confirmation and DS160

My wife is scheduled for a visa appointment next week. The issue is her DS160 has her current passport information but the appointment confirmation has her old passport information (I believe this happens when you start filling your application using an old profile). She was unable to update the passport info in her profile as it was greyed out and when she was filling her passport information she did indicate that she has a new passport so i do believe she did everything correctly. However, the appointment confirmation has her old passport number and DS160 has the new passport number. We tried contacting the service center via phone and email a few times but didnt get any concrete answers (they say things like they cannot change any information now but if you believe you have done everything correctly then go to the visa application center and they should be able to help you out ). Our two options are 1) we fill a new DS160 and pay fees again and take a new appointment (safer but more expensive option) 2) continue and take our chance at the visa center . If anybody has any insights or faced a similar situation - your experience will help us immensely.

Don't worry

Originally posted by ks206 View Post
    My wife is scheduled for a visa appointment next week. The issue is her DS160 has her current passport information but the appointment confirmation has her old passport information (I believe this happens when you start filling your application using an old profile). She was unable to update the passport info in her profile as it was greyed out and when she was filling her passport information she did indicate that she has a new passport so i do believe she did everything correctly. However, the appointment confirmation has her old passport number and DS160 has the new passport number. We tried contacting the service center via phone and email a few times but didnt get any concrete answers (they say things like they cannot change any information now but if you believe you have done everything correctly then go to the visa application center and they should be able to help you out ). Our two options are 1) we fill a new DS160 and pay fees again and take a new appointment (safer but more expensive option) 2) continue and take our chance at the visa center . If anybody has any insights or faced a similar situation - your experience will help us immensely.
    All you need to do is fill out a new form. The easiest way is to the following:
    Step1: Retrieve your old application (DS-160) form
    Step2: It will display a pop asking you either show a confirmation page or create new application. ----> Select new application
    Step3: The form will be pre-populated with old data (mostly). Just go through each page and verify all fields are having correct value. Keep Saving
    Step4: Save the form and take the print out of the confirmation page
    Step5: When you have the interview just mention that you have got your passport reissued and hand over the new ds 160 form

Hope it helps. All the best.

Disclaimer:
    1. I did this during VAC appointment. If you are past that then I cannot confirm whether above steps will work.
    2. Mine was B1/B2 non immigrant visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X