Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card Through Marriage - Full Package

Hi all,

I recently started posting more on this wonderful and helpful website since I began to get close to filing time!

A little background; I am filing this for my husband (who is originally from Venezuela but was living in Argentina) who originally came here to visit family for the holidays and we decided, after spending a really wonderful holiday season together, to marry and adjust his status here. It's been an INCREDIBLY stressful past few months but I believe I am almost completely ready to file.

I would really appreciate if some of you guys could read through my supporting documents for my full green card package, so I can begin to prepare a cover letter and begin putting everything together.

I'm concurrently filing I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-693.

I-130/I-130A Supporting Document List

-Copy (front and back) of my U.S. birth certificate
    -Copy of the main page of my U.S. passport (as my form of gov. photo id)
    -Copy of immigrant's current I-94
    -Two passport photos of me (petitioner)
    -Two passport photos of intending immigrant
    -Copy of our marriage certificate
    -Various evidence of joint bank accounts, joint residency and accounts, affidavits from family members, pictures, etc (I'm not too worried about having enough bonafide evidence as we are a very solid couple with a lot of background together)

I-485 Supporting Document List

-Copy of immigrant's main passport page
    -Copy of immigrant's U.S. visa page
    -Copy of immigrant's entrance stamp
    -Copy of past immigrant's U.S. travel history
    -Copy of immigrant's birth certificate (and it's proper translation)

I-864 Supporting Document List

-Copy of our joint sponsor's green card
    -Letter of my work confirmation and payrate
    -Copies of my most recent pay stubs (will bring more to interview)
    -Letter and supporting documents as to why I did not have to file tax returns for any prior years (I'm still young and just started my first full time job about two months ago)
    -Copy of joint's 2016 tax return (because apparently that is still the current tax year until the deadline for 2017 returns hit)
    -Copy of joint's most recent pay stubs (last six weeks)
    -Copy of joint's current and past W-2 forms

Form I-693 has already been completed and sealed by a certified civil surgeon.

A few follow-up questions:

1.) Are all the supporting documents in the right place and with the correct form?
    2.) If there is one copy of something (like the intending immigrant's birth certificate) with one certain form, do I need to make multiple copies of the same thing for different forms? (I'm mainly worried if the immigrants birth certificate is with the right form)
    3.) Do any super important documents seem to be missing from my list?
    4.) If I file and there is an important document missing, will they deny the ENTIRE form or will the send me a RFE first? (this is another aspect I'm incredibly worried about)
    5.) Are there enough passport style photos with each form? I always get confused about the photo requirements but I think I have it right)

I know how amazing this community is and I cannot wait to here any and all advice, critiques, or suggestions you have. I'd really love the feedback!

Thank you all!

It seems pretty good

Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
    Hi all,

I recently started posting more on this wonderful and helpful website since I began to get close to filing time!

A little background; I am filing this for my husband (who is originally from Venezuela but was living in Argentina) who originally came here to visit family for the holidays and we decided, after spending a really wonderful holiday season together, to marry and adjust his status here. It's been an INCREDIBLY stressful past few months but I believe I am almost completely ready to file.

I would really appreciate if some of you guys could read through my supporting documents for my full green card package, so I can begin to prepare a cover letter and begin putting everything together.

I'm concurrently filing I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-693.

I-130/I-130A Supporting Document List

-Copy of the main page of my U.S. passport (as my form of gov. photo id)
    -Two passport photos of me (petitioner)
    -Copy of our marriage certificate
    -Various evidence of joint bank accounts, joint residency and accounts, affidavits from family members, pictures, etc (I'm not too worried about having enough bonafide evidence as we are a very solid couple with a lot of background together)

I-485 Supporting Document List

-Copy of immigrant's main passport page
    -Copy of immigrant's U.S. visa page
    -Copy of immigrant's entrance stamp
    -Copy of past immigrant's U.S. travel history
    -Copy of immigrant's birth certificate (and it's proper translation)

I-864 Supporting Document List

-Copy of our joint sponsor's green card
    -Letter of my work confirmation and payrate
    -Copies of my most recent pay stubs (will bring more to interview)
    -Letter and supporting documents as to why I did not have to file tax returns for any prior years (I'm still young and just started my first full time job about two months ago)
    -Copy of joint's 2016 tax return (because apparently that is still the current tax year until the deadline for 2017 returns hit)
    -Copy of joint's most recent pay stubs (last six weeks)
    -Copy of joint's current and past W-2 forms

Form I-693 has already been completed and sealed by a certified civil surgeon.

A few follow-up questions:

1.) Are all the supporting documents in the right place and with the correct form?
    2.) If there is one copy of something (like the intending immigrant's birth certificate) with one certain form, do I need to make multiple copies of the same thing for different forms? (I'm mainly worried if the immigrants birth certificate is with the right form)
    3.) Do any super important documents seem to be missing from my list?
    4.) If I file and there is an important document missing, will they deny the ENTIRE form or will the send me a RFE first? (this is another aspect I'm incredibly worried about)
    5.) Are there enough passport style photos with each form? I always get confused about the photo requirements but I think I have it right)

I know how amazing this community is and I cannot wait to here any and all advice, critiques, or suggestions you have. I'd really love the feedback!

Thank you all!
    So far everything seems good passport pictures and everything. However been that you have to get the translation of beneficiary?s birth certificate I think it should be notiarize not quite sure though and also does he wants to work because you can submit the form I-765 for work authorization it?s free with the I-485 all you need to do now make sure you have the correct filing fees for each form and make sure they are all signed
    Feb 17/18 package sent
    Feb 20/18 PD
    Mar 2/18 NOA
    Mar 21/18 Biometrics
    Mar 22/18 Courtesy letter medical
    May 17/18 Interview schedule for June 25th

Comment

Originally posted by Jay D Destin View Post
      So far everything seems good passport pictures and everything. However been that you have to get the translation of beneficiary?s birth certificate I think it should be notiarize not quite sure though and also does he wants to work because you can submit the form I-765 for work authorization it?s free with the I-485 all you need to do now make sure you have the correct filing fees for each form and make sure they are all signed
      Thanks so much for replying! And when I called USCIS they told me I didn't need to notarize, only certify the translation. Also, when I was searching for the fees for the I-765 it says that its only free for non immigrants who have ALREADY had a card in the past. Do you think that's true, or will the fee still be waived if it's his first card?

Comment

Also, make sure you can get at least 3 notarized affidavits from 3 people that can atarte that you both are married and living together i had to do that as well , also they may want something stating that you are working like an employment letter from your employer stating how much you make hiursly how much you make yearly and the hours you work and it has to be signed , also the birth certificate has to be translated to English and notarized . I am still waiting on my decision after interview,

Comment

Originally posted by TATIANA0329 View Post
          Also, make sure you can get at least 3 notarized affidavits from 3 people that can atarte that you both are married and living together i had to do that as well , also they may want something stating that you are working like an employment letter from your employer stating how much you make hiursly how much you make yearly and the hours you work and it has to be signed , also the birth certificate has to be translated to English and notarized . I am still waiting on my decision after interview,
          Thanks for the feedback! I don't believe the USCIS requires paperwork to be notarized but I know that sometimes it's better safe than sorry Also, affidavits are optional and I do plan on getting one, but I don't think 3 is a required number or anything, and it does not need to be notarized.

Goodluck to you!

Comment

Cover Letter

This is exactly how I done my coverletter. We filed on 2/20/2018, received the biometrics appointment on 3/10/2018 for 3/20/2018 in New Orleans, LA.

1234 New York Lane
            Jupiter, Florida 00000

February 1, 2018

USCIS
            PO Box 805887
            Chicago, IL 60680-4120

RE: Concurrent Filing of I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

Petitioner: Jane Doe
            Beneficiary: John Doe

Dear Sir/ Madam:

Please kindly find enclosed concurrent filing of forms: I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-864 (Affidavit of Support). I am filing the enclosed forms on behalf of John Doe, the beneficiary. I, Jane Doe, am a U.S. citizen, and John Doe is my spouse.

The following documents accompany and support this petition:

1. I-130 Petition For Alien Relative
            o A check for the amount of $535.00 to cover the filing fee;
            o Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative;
            o Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary, for the beneficiary;
            o Two (2) photos of the petitioner and two (2) photos of the beneficiary;
            o Petitioner?s U.S. birth certificate;
            o Marriage certificate of petitioner and beneficiary;
            o Birth Certificate of beneficiary;
            o Evidence of bona fide marriage
            - Copy of joint bank account information
            - Affidavit for Bona Fide Marriage by third party US Citizen
            - Copy of rent agreement
            - Pictures that document relationship and marriage

2. I-485 Application To Register Permanent Residence Or Adjust Status
            o A check for the amount of $1,225.00 to cover the filing fee and Biometrics Fee
            o 2 passport photos of beneficiary
            o Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope)
            o Copy of I-94 Form

3. I-765 Application For Employment Document

4. I-864 Affidavit of Support
            o IRS Tax Transcript for 2014, 2015 and 2016;
            o Check stubs;
            o Insurance through employer for petitioner and beneficiary

If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach me at (000) 000-0000. Thank you for your prompt consideration.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe
            PD - 2/20/18
            Filed I-130, I-765 and I-485 Concurrently
            Family Based - Married to USC

2/20/18 - Paperwork received by USCIS
            3/20/18 - Biometrics completed
            5/9/18 - Received EAD
            5/12/18 - Received Social Security card
            5/21/18 - I-131 (AP) received by USCIS
            9/21/18 - AP approved

Comment

It?s free when filling concurrent

Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
              Thanks so much for replying! And when I called USCIS they told me I didn't need to notarize, only certify the translation. Also, when I was searching for the fees for the I-765 it says that its only free for non immigrants who have ALREADY had a card in the past. Do you think that's true, or will the fee still be waived if it's his first card?
              It?s free when filing concurrent I?m sorry I took so long to reply however if you have sent off the package already I wish you luck and I hope everything was sent off great
              Feb 17/18 package sent
              Feb 20/18 PD
              Mar 2/18 NOA
              Mar 21/18 Biometrics
              Mar 22/18 Courtesy letter medical
              May 17/18 Interview schedule for June 25th

Comment

Originally posted by Jay D Destin View Post
                It?s free when filing concurrent I?m sorry I took so long to reply however if you have sent off the package already I wish you luck and I hope everything was sent off great
                Thanks so much I just sent the complete application for the EAD without payment and thanks for the good luck

Comment

My wife who is american is filing for my green card....i have my birth certificate

My wife who is american is filing for my green card....i have my birth certificate ....does my wife who is an american citizen also needs to submit her birth certificate?..........................please advise

Originally posted by MicaAshani View Post
                  This is exactly how I done my coverletter. We filed on 2/20/2018, received the biometrics appointment on 3/10/2018 for 3/20/2018 in New Orleans, LA.

1234 New York Lane
                  Jupiter, Florida 00000

February 1, 2018

USCIS
                  PO Box 805887
                  Chicago, IL 60680-4120

RE: Concurrent Filing of I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

Petitioner: Jane Doe
                  Beneficiary: John Doe

Dear Sir/ Madam:

Please kindly find enclosed concurrent filing of forms: I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-864 (Affidavit of Support). I am filing the enclosed forms on behalf of John Doe, the beneficiary. I, Jane Doe, am a U.S. citizen, and John Doe is my spouse.

The following documents accompany and support this petition:

1. I-130 Petition For Alien Relative
                  o A check for the amount of $535.00 to cover the filing fee;
                  o Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative;
                  o Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary, for the beneficiary;
                  o Two (2) photos of the petitioner and two (2) photos of the beneficiary;
                  o Marriage certificate of petitioner and beneficiary;
                  o Evidence of bona fide marriage
                  - Copy of joint bank account information
                  - Affidavit for Bona Fide Marriage by third party US Citizen
                  - Copy of rent agreement
                  - Pictures that document relationship and marriage

2. I-485 Application To Register Permanent Residence Or Adjust Status
                  o A check for the amount of $1,225.00 to cover the filing fee and Biometrics Fee
                  o Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope)
                  o Copy of I-94 Form

3. I-765 Application For Employment Document

4. I-864 Affidavit of Support
                  o IRS Tax Transcript for 2014, 2015 and 2016;
                  o Check stubs;
                  o Insurance through employer for petitioner and beneficiary

If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach me at (000) 000-0000. Thank you for your prompt consideration.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe

Comment

Originally posted by mr.coolboy View Post
                    My wife who is american is filing for my green card....i have my birth certificate ....does my wife who is an american citizen also needs to submit her birth certificate?..........................please advise
                    Yes, I included my birth certificate. I'm american, my husband is Jamaican.
                    PD - 2/20/18
                    Filed I-130, I-765 and I-485 Concurrently
                    Family Based - Married to USC

2/20/18 - Paperwork received by USCIS
                    3/20/18 - Biometrics completed
                    5/9/18 - Received EAD
                    5/12/18 - Received Social Security card
                    5/21/18 - I-131 (AP) received by USCIS
                    9/21/18 - AP approved

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by MicaAshani View Post
                      Yes, I included my birth certificate. I'm american, my husband is Jamaican.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X