I-90 Form and "legal name" question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-90 Form and "legal name" question

My Green Card is about to expire. I am filling out Form I-90 (for my Green Card extension) and question#4 asks:

"Has your name legally changed since the issuance of your Permanent Resident Card?"

I am married, and passport from my country of origin is on my "marriage" name. But my current Green Card is on my "maiden" name .

How should I answer this question? Please help!

Originally posted by de38 View Post
    My Green Card is about to expire. I am filling out Form I-90 (for my Green Card extension) and question#4 asks:

"Has your name legally changed since the issuance of your Permanent Resident Card?"

I am married, and passport from my country of origin is on my "marriage" name. But my current Green Card is on my "maiden" name .

How should I answer this question? Please help!
    If you changed your name as part of marriage (not everyone does this), then yes, your name has legally changed.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hello!
      You can find the full and clear answer to your question here - https://usimmigrationforms.com/faq/w...rd-was-issued/
      To be brief, you must check the box ?Yes? under the item 4 ?Has your name legally changed since the issuance of your Permanent Resident Card??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X