Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post OPT filler in December

Hi..
    I am on F1 (student visa) and I applied for post OPT on December 5th. Today is day #94 nd today they update the status for ?request for initial evidence?. I don?t know why nd what?s reason. If anybody have same situation please share.
    Thank you

I did my post OPT back in May 2017 and got the card within 3 weeks. Everything went smooth. For RFE, just wait until you receive the letter. The letter will tell you what you need to submit. There is nothing to worry about, it would just take more time
    Last edited by mrb1218; 03-09-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Thank you mrb1218..

Did u got RFE for post OPT.?

Comment

Originally posted by vdkotak View Post
        Thank you mrb1218..

Did u got RFE for post OPT.?
        Nah. My post OPT went smooth without needing any evidence. However, I did get RFE for my AOS EAD. These are two different categories though

Comment

Timeline. USCIS received my documents 12/05/17

Hi guys!

Here's the update on my application for EAD under F1 Visa for the OPT.

12/05/17- USCIS received my documents.
          12/07/17- I got the Receipt notice in the mail.
          02/20/18- (75 days) I inquire since i don't know what's going on.
          02/28/18 - it was assigned to an officer for response.
          03/06/18 - they sent the response.
          03/12/18 - i got the response in the mail and it is asking me for RFE. They said I submitted a 2 passport photos with dark background. I am sure that the passport photo i submitted has white background.
          03/13/18 - I sent the new passport photo, they told me to mail it in to 2200 POTOMAC SERVICE CENTER DRIVE STOP 2425, ARLINGTON, VA 20598-2425.

Question:
          1. Does anyone of you encounter the same problem as mine? and how long it will take them take them to process my application after receiving the requested evidence.

I am so worried now, since it is more than 90 days and my start date is february 11, 2018. I have an employer waiting for me and i even requested a job offer letter. Every week they are asking me for an update. I am just afraid that they will get tired of waiting and just give the job to another candidates that can start right away.

Comment

To Marjie..

Hi Marjie....

I m in the same boat and as time frame.

Timeline
            12/5 Application received
            My SR on day #76 ?sorry we don?t know how long it takes to process your application?
            3/9 day # 94 online they changed status for ?Request for initial evidence? .
            I still didn?t received that what kind documents they wanted from me, waiting for notice so i can send the documents.

My starting date was Feb 12 my employer asking me every week nd i am extending every week. I m so frustrated and scared too that my employer don?t give my position to someone else.

Question 1) should i sent my job offer letter so they can process fast.,??

Please update me Marjie if you hear back anything from them..

Good luck..

Comment

[QUOTE=vdkotak;558798]

Here's the update.

03/14/18: Potomac Service Center received my RFE.

03/15/18: I Requested SR on their website. (i didn't call because i thought about requesting SR around 10pm lol)

03/16/18: They updated my status to " we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number YSC1890060208. Our Potomac Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. and now they said "On March 16, 2018, we sent a response to your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application."

Now I don't know what's going on. I hope it's not another RFE. The mail will take 2-7 days again so i have to wait for their response again.

Update me as well. It seems like we have almost the same situations. If they said that they sent you a response to your inquiry March 09 you should have it in the mail by today or yesterday.

Thank you!

Comment

[QUOTE=marjie;559056]

I hope they don?t send you another RFE because I know how it felt. I am also frustrated about this waiting game i hope it is over soon..

Keep posting please

Comment

Did you get any update?

[QUOTE=marjie;559056]

Here's the update.

03/14/18: Potomac Service Center received my RFE.

03/15/18: I Requested SR on their website. (i didn't call because i thought about requesting SR around 10pm lol)

03/16/18: They updated my status to " we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number YSC1890060208. Our Potomac Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. and now they said "On March 16, 2018, we sent a response to your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application."

Now I don't know what's going on. I hope it's not another RFE. The mail will take 2-7 days again so i have to wait for their response again.

Update me as well. It seems like we have almost the same situations. If they said that they sent you a response to your inquiry March 09 you should have it in the mail by today or yesterday.

Thank you!

Comment

[QUOTE=liline;559315]

No. I haven?t receive the response to my second SR. The status is still saying that they receive my response to RFE.

Did you also got a RFE?

Comment

Guys USCIS asked me for transcript but can i also send my offer letter..??

Comment

Hii guys..

USCIS received my RFE documents yesterday Morning but still they didn?t update the status that they received my documents so should i raise the Service Request..??

Please give some ideas...

Comment

Hii guys..

USCIS received my RFE documents yesterday Morning but still they didn?t update the status that they received my documents so should i raise the Service Request..??

Please give some ideas...
                          It took them 2 days before they update the website after they receive my rfe documents

Comment

After the uscis received my rfe response on March 14 they update the website to rfe received on March 16.
                            March 23 they updated my status to ?we are producing your card?. I?m just wondering who has the same experience and how long to get the ead card in the mail?

The status only changed on the uscis.dhis.gov the other website is still saying they received my rfe response.

Comment

[QUOTE=marjie;560091]

Congrats, i hope u will receive the card next week. My friend had the same thing USCIS doesn?t change the status and he got his card in mail after one week.
                              They still didn?t changed my status online so i m thinking to do E request.

I hope next week u will receive your card..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X