I140 approved - returning to old employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 approved - returning to old employer

I had my I-140 approved in 2017 and I switched job prior to 180 days of I140 approval and post this moved to company B after they applied for my h1 transfer. Its been couple of months now and my GC processing ( employer B will have to file for a new labor/perm etc) has not started. I got offer back from employer A; Also employer A not revoked my I140 yet. I have the following question

Since My 1-140 was approved with employer A and they have not revoked it - will they have to redo labor/perm etc or can I resume from where I left - that is wait for my priority date to become current?

I appreciate your information on this.

-Lee

Originally posted by bsailee View Post
    I had my I-140 approved in 2017 and I switched job prior to 180 days of I140 approval and post this moved to company B after they applied for my h1 transfer. Its been couple of months now and my GC processing ( employer B will have to file for a new labor/perm etc) has not started. I got offer back from employer A; Also employer A not revoked my I140 yet. I have the following question

Since My 1-140 was approved with employer A and they have not revoked it - will they have to redo labor/perm etc or can I resume from where I left - that is wait for my priority date to become current?

I appreciate your information on this.

-Lee
    I140 is independent of your current employment. So, a I140 filed by an employer remains valid (as long as it hasn't been denied or revoked) for that particular position for that particular employer. So, when your PD becomes current, you can use this approved petition if you are going to work for that employer in that position. If any of these things change, then you might have to go through this process again (depending on the details of the change).
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X