FIX FOR CASE STATUS NOT UPDATING - read if you are waiting for updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question Regarding i-765 and i-131

Thanks so much for this!! This updates much better.

I'm filing for a marriage AOS and have been waiting for an i-765/i-131 because I need to be traveling in about a week and a half.

A quick question:
    - Under the normal case status, my EAD and AP are still showing as just "Case was Received". Luckily, on the other website, it says that on March 12, my EAD/i-765 status shows "We are producing your card and will mail it to you". This is great! However, my AP/i-131 is still just "We received your case". Shouldn't I be getting a combo EAD/AP card? Do both the EAD and AP get updated together or is it common for this not to be the case?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by peterjhlee View Post
      Thanks so much for this!! This updates much better.

I'm filing for a marriage AOS and have been waiting for an i-765/i-131 because I need to be traveling in about a week and a half.

A quick question:
      - Under the normal case status, my EAD and AP are still showing as just "Case was Received". Luckily, on the other website, it says that on March 12, my EAD/i-765 status shows "We are producing your card and will mail it to you". This is great! However, my AP/i-131 is still just "We received your case". Shouldn't I be getting a combo EAD/AP card? Do both the EAD and AP get updated together or is it common for this not to be the case?

Thanks again!
      I also filed for I-765 and I-131 at the same time a year ago.

If I now look at my case history from back then it says first: "We are producing your card and will mail it to you" for the I-765 only and then a day LATER: "We approved your case" on both the I-131 & I-765.

You will definitely get a combo card and the approval status should be updated on both still this week.

And I had the card in the mailbox 5 days after the ?We are producing your card? message. Good luck!!!
      Last edited by absolutegame; 03-13-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Great Find

Originally posted by absolutegame View Post
        I recently received my Green Card and was surprised that the online status on the Case Status page (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do) never changed and that I didn't receive any email or text notification.

Today I discovered a way to create a seperate myUSCIS account with a lot more information on all my cases reflecting every single step from the interview to the shipment of the Green Card.

Just register for a free account here: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and select "Add a paper-filed case" after setting up your account.

Now enter your receipt numbers, e.g. MSC1234567890 and see a much more detailed case status. This should be especially handy for people waiting for their approval or the green card after the interview.

This account will also allow you to eventually extend your green card via form I-90 after 10 years (if it's already unconditional) or to file for Naturalization after 3 year minus 90 days if your green card is based on marriage and if you are married for at least 3 years.

Thank you!!! I discovered that I'm being scheduled for interview... This made my day!!!! Thanks again

Comment

Thank you!!

Thanks a lot! This is really useful!! Someone told me to check out your post regarding case updating. I had my marriage based interview about 2 weeks ago and didn't receive any update after the interview. I created an account today and was able to see the details of my case there, and surprisingly found out they already mailed the card to me yesterday. Later in the day, I received the tracking number from USPS and I assumed that's my card because it was sent from Kansas City,MO, and my husband and I didnt buy anything online recently. So excited about my green card. Thank you so much!!

Comment

I also filed for I-765 and I-131 at the same time a year ago.

If I now look at my case history from back then it says first: "We are producing your card and will mail it to you" for the I-765 only and then a day LATER: "We approved your case" on both the I-131 & I-765.

You will definitely get a combo card and the approval status should be updated on both still this week.

And I had the card in the mailbox 5 days after the ?We are producing your card? message. Good luck!!!

Thanks!! It's been two days since I got the first message and no updates yet. Just nervous because I am supposed to travel out of the country in 8 days.

Does it usually take a day or two for the website to update? Like for example, if the card gets shipped on March 13th, does it get updated on the site on March 13th or actually on March 14th?

Comment

Originally posted by peterjhlee View Post
              Thanks!! It's been two days since I got the first message and no updates yet. Just nervous because I am supposed to travel out of the country in 8 days.

Does it usually take a day or two for the website to update? Like for example, if the card gets shipped on March 13th, does it get updated on the site on March 13th or actually on March 14th?
              I can only refer to my own experience.

June 12, 2017 : We are producing your card and will mail it to you
              June 13, 2017 : We approved your case
              June 14, 2017 : We mailed your card to you. The U.S. Postal Service will deliver it.

The first USPS Tracking Status was on June 15, 2017: Accepted at USPS Origin Facility and it was delivered two days later on June 17, 2017.

The website updated on the day the status was updated. I hope it will change to "We mailed your card to you" for you soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Happytiger22 View Post
              Thanks a lot! This is really useful!! Someone told me to check out your post regarding case updating. I had my marriage based interview about 2 weeks ago and didn't receive any update after the interview. I created an account today and was able to see the details of my case there, and surprisingly found out they already mailed the card to me yesterday. Later in the day, I received the tracking number from USPS and I assumed that's my card because it was sent from Kansas City,MO, and my husband and I didnt buy anything online recently. So excited about my green card. Thank you so much!!
              Congratulations and yes, they do send cards from "KANSAS CITY, MO 64121" :-)

Comment

Here's my timeline
                03/09/2018 CARD BEING PRODUCED AND WILL BE MAILED OUT
                03/12/2018 CASE APPROVED
                03/13/2018 GC MAILED OUT
                03/16/2018 GC IN HAND

MO to NY so your actual delivery time may vary based on your location

Comment

I-130 & i-485

Originally posted by yaboc View Post
                  Here's my timeline
                  03/12/2018 CASE APPROVED
                  03/13/2018 GC MAILED OUT
                  03/16/2018 GC IN HAND

Hello all,

I have a question, today (3/19/18) I got an update on my case I-130 petition now is approved but my I-485 for AOS is still being reviewed after the interview we had on March 8th, if one of these were approved that means that my case is approved or can they possible approved one but not the other??? Thanks !!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOrchard View Post
                    Hello all,

I have a question, today (3/19/18) I got an update on my case I-130 petition now is approved but my I-485 for AOS is still being reviewed after the interview we had on March 8th, if one of these were approved that means that my case is approved or can they possible approved one but not the other??? Thanks !!
                    I read a couple of times on the forum that the I-130 petition was approved first and then the I-485 a couple of days to 2 weeks later.

In my case both were approved on the same day.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mieiva View Post
                      you think I can register even though I have not had the interview notice yet?

"You need to create a new account if you want to:

File an application, petition, or request online
                      Access information about your case and you received either a Case Passcode from your attorney or accredited representative or an Account Acceptance Notice from USCIS"

not sure which code they are talking about.
                      That code is required for Attorneys. In case if they want to login and check the status of your applications.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by yaboc View Post
                      Here's my timeline
                      03/12/2018 CASE APPROVED
                      03/13/2018 GC MAILED OUT
                      03/16/2018 GC IN HAND

What was your priority date and when was your biometric appointment ?

Comment

I read a couple of times on the forum that the I-130 petition was approved first and then the I-485 a couple of days to 2 weeks later.

Good luck to you!
                        Thanks!

Today (3/22/18) I actually received an email saying that my 1-485 is still being reviewed! I'm a little anxious but I guess it's better to receive some sort of notification than nothing. Definitely using this link to check for updates it's better!

Comment

I'm getting a 500 error when I try to log in to this now. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by yeahbuddy View Post
                            I'm getting a 500 error when I try to log in to this now. Anyone else?
                            I had this happen to me. When you get the 500 error, just remove everything from the url, except 'https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/' and hit Enter. When the page reloads it should authenticate properly.

Comment

Originally posted by JanFeb2018 View Post
                              What was your priority date and when was your biometric appointment ?
                              pd 11/23/16
                              bio 12/20/16

you can look for my experiences to see a complete timeline

Comment

Good luck to you!
                                Hello,

They denied my I485! I'm devastated trying to find answers. I still have to wait for their letter to find out why?!! Don't know if it could be something easy like to resend paperwork or maybe something more complicated. Hopefully someone here with a similar experience can help me out to at least figure out what can we do!

Thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X