Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueOrchard View Post
    Hello,

They denied my I485! I'm devastated trying to find answers. I still have to wait for their letter to find out why?!! Don't know if it could be something easy like to resend paperwork or maybe something more complicated. Hopefully someone here with a similar experience can help me out to at least figure out what can we do!

Thanks!!
    I'm really sorry. Try to stay somewhat calm and wait for their letter. I know that's not easy but probably the only thing you can do now.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope it's just a missing document. Please update us when you receive the letter.

Stay strong!

Comment

Originally posted by absolutegame View Post
      I recently received my Green Card and was surprised that the online status on the Case Status page (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do) never changed and that I didn't receive any email or text notification.

Today I discovered a way to create a seperate myUSCIS account with a lot more information on all my cases reflecting every single step from the interview to the shipment of the Green Card.

Just register for a free account here: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and select "Add a paper-filed case" after setting up your account.

Now enter your receipt numbers, e.g. MSC1234567890 and see a much more detailed case status. This should be especially handy for people waiting for their approval or the green card after the interview.

This account will also allow you to eventually extend your green card via form I-90 after 10 years (if it's already unconditional) or to file for Naturalization after 3 year minus 90 days if your green card is based on marriage and if you are married for at least 3 years.
      Thank you for this information. This site does have more updates than the other one!

Comment

So I sign in on this account and found out that my case has been on" YOUR CASE IS NO LONGER ON HOLD" since Dec 2016.Has anyone here been in a situation like this? and what was the outcome?
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOrchard View Post
          Hello,

They denied my I485! I'm devastated trying to find answers. I still have to wait for their letter to find out why?!! Don't know if it could be something easy like to resend paperwork or maybe something more complicated. Hopefully someone here with a similar experience can help me out to at least figure out what can we do!

Thanks!!
          Hi, if you dont mind me asking, when did you file? How long did it take for them to deny you? I'm fairly new to this.
          PD - 2/20/18
          Filed I-130, I-765 and I-485 Concurrently
          Family Based - Married to USC

2/20/18 - Paperwork received by USCIS
          3/20/18 - Biometrics completed
          5/9/18 - Received EAD
          5/12/18 - Received Social Security card
          5/21/18 - I-131 (AP) received by USCIS
          9/21/18 - AP approved

Comment

Website asks for access code

I have registered on the website to track my I-765 status. However, when I click on 'Add a paper-filed case', it goes to another page where it asks for Online Access Code. However, I have not received any such access code. What should I do in such a scenario?

Comment

Hi. I need someone to help me, request a work permit I'765 in June 2017, based on adjustment of status, I registered on the page according to this link (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/) and I indicates that I must enter a code, deal with the receipt number that starts with MSC .... and tells me that it must be a code of 14 numbers and only has 13, also probe with the validation code that they sent to my email and I can not agree if someone has information that I can give, I would appreciate it

Comment

In the link https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/, its showing that my case is approved, but in the other its still showing that "Case received", i am confused, which one to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by vigneshwck View Post
                  In the link https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/, its showing that my case is approved, but in the other its still showing that "Case received", i am confused, which one to believe.
                  They approved your case. We recommend having both accounts because as you can clearly see, the accounts do not always update. One account will show X, the other one will show you Z. It is the best way to get the most uptodate picture available of your case status.

If you "approved" on one, please, believe it. You're fine.

Comment

Make sure to read through the links on this hread to prepare for your interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...428#post590428

Comment

Originally posted by vigneshwck View Post
                      I have no idea how you guys are getting these sites to show any detailed info and updates . For me , one site ( my account.... ) says only case received !! on both the i-130 and i-485 with quite delayed dates ..the other one shows ( Interview completed and must be reviewed ) for both 130 & 485 even though we received the approval for the i-130 last month !!! and neither site reflects that ! I have a feeling that I am only driving myself nuts trying to get info or updates on these sites . ( PS.My PD 11/29/16 and interview completed 11/28/18 which went very well , and no RFI ) . If anyone here knows if there are any tricks to getting these sites to update properly kindly let me know . Best of luck to everyone

Comment

THanks a lot, buddy!

Thanks a lot, this is a very powerful tool, more detailed and updated!

Originally posted by absolutegame View Post
                        I recently received my Green Card and was surprised that the online status on the Case Status page (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do) never changed and that I didn't receive any email or text notification.

Today I discovered a way to create a seperate myUSCIS account with a lot more information on all my cases reflecting every single step from the interview to the shipment of the Green Card.

Just register for a free account here: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and select "Add a paper-filed case" after setting up your account.

Now enter your receipt numbers, e.g. MSC1234567890 and see a much more detailed case status. This should be especially handy for people waiting for their approval or the green card after the interview.

This account will also allow you to eventually extend your green card via form I-90 after 10 years (if it's already unconditional) or to file for Naturalization after 3 year minus 90 days if your green card is based on marriage and if you are married for at least 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by maxieswfl View Post
                          I have no idea how you guys are getting these sites to show any detailed info and updates . For me , one site ( my account.... ) says only case received !! on both the i-130 and i-485 with quite delayed dates ..the other one shows ( Interview completed and must be reviewed ) for both 130 & 485 even though we received the approval for the i-130 last month !!! and neither site reflects that ! I have a feeling that I am only driving myself nuts trying to get info or updates on these sites . ( PS.My PD 11/29/16 and interview completed 11/28/18 which went very well , and no RFI ) . If anyone here knows if there are any tricks to getting these sites to update properly kindly let me know . Best of luck to everyone
                          I'm confused, isnt this the same site thats always been there?

Comment

Inadmissibility Reasons for a Green Card Application Denial
                            Even if you fit an eligibility category, a ground of inadmissibility can cause a green card application denial. It’s rather obvious that spies and terrorists will be denied a green card, but ordinary people with certain ailments and financial situations can also get denied. Applicants must demonstrate that they don’t pose a danger to U.S. society on financial, health, security, immigration violation, or criminal grounds.

Financial
                            The U.S. relative that sponsors you will need to show sufficient income or assets to support you at 125% of the U.S. poverty guidelines (in addition to supporting his/her own family). If you can’t support yourself, this measure helps to ensure that you won’t depend on government assistance. To review the current poverty guidelines levels, see Form I-864P.

Health
                            The U.S. government will also require you to get a medical examination conducted by a USCIS designated physician. The examination is required to establish that an applicant is not a public health risk such as a carrier of a disease that presents a public health risk, or having a dangerous physical or mental disorder. See Form I-693.

Immigration Violations
                            Your immigration history will be reviewed. Immigration officials will likely deny your green card application if you have overstayed a visa by six months or more, or if you have ever entered the country unlawfully. The government will also seek to determine if the parent’s visa (if applicable) has ever been misused.

Criminal Record
                            You will certainly run into problems if you have committed certain crimes, like aggravated felonies, drug crimes, or acts of terrorism.

A waiver, a form of legal forgiveness, may be available in some cases, but these require careful analysis and documentation, best provided by an immigration attorney.

Comment

After using this tool:

Does anyone have the same experience?

November 30, 2018

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
                              As of November 30, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

November 30, 2018

Interview Cancelled
                              On November 30, 2018, we cancelled the interview scheduled for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXX. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

We did move on 11/30/2018

Comment

Originally posted by outsidebones View Post
                                I'm confused, isnt this the same site thats always been there?
                                I think we are saying the same thing . I have registered with both sites and added my case numbers just as described but on one site there is hardly any detailed info and most of what s there is quite dated , and the other one the dates slightly differ but also its not up to date . I am happy for the members that are getting detailed and up to date info on their cases from these sites but I dont think the same applies to all and I am not sure what the reason is . We have even received an approval for the i-130 via regular mail but neither site reflects that , matter of fact , one site shows " case received " and thats all , and the other one shows " interview completed and must be reviewed " . Neither site reflects what has been received via regular mail . I keep hoping for info on our i485 and so far nothing .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X