No announcement yet.

FIX FOR CASE STATUS NOT UPDATING - read if you are waiting for updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember reading 3 or 4 posts about cancelled interviews back in 2009 when people didn't go and waited to get rescheduled. Instead they got denial letters because they didn't come to their interview. Whether it was a computer glitched that cancelled or glitch that didn't put them back on the schedule I don't know. They had to get their cases re-opened.
    Make an appointment to talk to an officer
    Www.Infospass .com

Comment

Great super helpful.

We had our interview on Monday Jan 14th 2019 and were anxiously waiting for the decision. This website was super helpful and ended our nail biting anxiety.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. God Bless you for sharing this information.

Originally posted by absolutegame View Post
      I recently received my Green Card and was surprised that the online status on the Case Status page (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do) never changed and that I didn't receive any email or text notification.

Today I discovered a way to create a seperate myUSCIS account with a lot more information on all my cases reflecting every single step from the interview to the shipment of the Green Card.

Just register for a free account here: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and select "Add a paper-filed case" after setting up your account.

Now enter your receipt numbers, e.g. MSC1234567890 and see a much more detailed case status. This should be especially handy for people waiting for their approval or the green card after the interview.

This account will also allow you to eventually extend your green card via form I-90 after 10 years (if it's already unconditional) or to file for Naturalization after 3 year minus 90 days if your green card is based on marriage and if you are married for at least 3 years.

Comment

I keep getting a “There was an error syncing your case. Try again in a few minutes.” message ):

Comment

Originally posted by brzusa16 View Post
          I keep getting a “There was an error syncing your case. Try again in a few minutes.” message ):
          Yes, I'm getting the exactly same error.

Comment

Originally posted by derek03 View Post
            Yes, I'm getting the exactly same error.
            Yeah such a bummer I also keep getting this message. Just discovered this amazing tool and can't even use it perhaps their servers are down for maintenance or the server the information is being pulled from is run by workers impacted by the shutdown. I know UCIS supposedly isn't impacted but I am sure some parts overlap.

Thank you OP for posting this information once I get it to work it will be so helpful! If anyone gets that error to go away please update I will do the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Jven View Post
              Yeah such a bummer I also keep getting this message. Just discovered this amazing tool and can't even use it perhaps their servers are down for maintenance or the server the information is being pulled from is run by workers impacted by the shutdown. I know UCIS supposedly isn't impacted but I am sure some parts overlap.

Thank you OP for posting this information once I get it to work it will be so helpful! If anyone gets that error to go away please update I will do the same!
              Did you try the USCIS app? If you can it to work there, at least you know the number is working and it may be an issue with the webserver only.
              Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
              AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
              DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
              DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
              DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
              DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
              DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
              JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
              FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
              FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

I have both accounts from both my.uscis.gov/ and https://egov.uscis.gov/ but so far none of them showed an accurate updates for me (both of them have shown different PD for my I-130) and no updates on anything else. Sad

Comment

I just called USCIS about something else and when she asked if I had an online account I told her about this problem. She said it might be because I have a petition on there already and so it can't sync the AOS updates with it. She advised I set up another account with a different email address.. to which I have done and alas it still does not work haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jven View Post
                    I just tried it again and it finally worked for me! (Except the status is behind).

Comment

I just tried it again and it finally worked for me! (Except the status is behind).
                      How do you guys synch the egov and DHS account?

Comment

Originally posted by 2018memcan View Post
                        How do you guys synch the egov and DHS account?
                        By syncing I mean adding a case number to the account so I can see the latest updates. Hope that explains it.

Comment

By syncing I mean adding a case number to the account so I can see the latest updates. Hope that explains it.
                          Oh ok, I though there's some way to synch two accounts on different sites/sources.

Comment

I managed to finally sync my cases today too but the tracking is also behind. Perhaps they are only halfway to fixing whatever the problem was?

Comment

Originally posted by Wishingonastar View Post
                              I managed to finally sync my cases today too but the tracking is also behind. Perhaps they are only halfway to fixing whatever the problem was?
                              That?s my guess. Weird because the original tracker on the website updated for me today and so making the synced ones way behind (by months). I?m glad you were also able to get it!

Comment

That?s my guess. Weird because the original tracker on the website updated for me today and so making the synced ones way behind (by months). I?m glad you were also able to get it!
                                Hmm that is weird. I will try again and see!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X