Green card re applied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card re applied

My mother in law's green card was misplaced and we applied for a new green card as lost the old one..We got the biometrics appointment but found the old one. I'm trying to get an appointment for the USCIS office locally so that we can go there and find out whether the green card that we have is still valid or is been canceled..But I couldn't get an appointment.

The biometric appointment is in 10 days. So what should we do..Go for the biometric and apply for the new green card or will the old one still valid as we didn't go for the biometric yet..Need help asap..Thank you

Originally posted by vishalhm View Post
    My mother in law's green card was misplaced and we applied for a new green card as lost the old one..We got the biometrics appointment but found the old one. I'm trying to get an appointment for the USCIS office locally so that we can go there and find out whether the green card that we have is still valid or is been canceled..But I couldn't get an appointment.

The biometric appointment is in 10 days. So what should we do..Go for the biometric and apply for the new green card or will the old one still valid as we didn't go for the biometric yet..Need help asap..Thank you
    You can try to get the appointment asap on their website here: https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

You have to use auto refresh extension plugin and set it every 15 seconds. I use Chrome. That's how I was able to get the appointment! I forgot what time I got the appointment, but there is a certain time throughout the day the website will auto update if there is a new opening. USCIS offices in the United States only show available appointments for the next 14 days. Luckily I got mine the next day!

I hope that helps? If you can't get the appointment I suggest you go in for the Bio metric and explain your situation to them.
    Last edited by joyce12; 03-11-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X