Approved K1 but can I enter on ESTA for a business visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved K1 but can I enter on ESTA for a business visit

Hello. I am currently going through the K1 Visa process and hoping to get it approved very soon. I am sort of in a dilemma though and actually have two questions.

I may have to travel for work to the US soon after it potentially gets approved and I would like to get married only later this year. Is it possible to pursue the work travel on a regular ESTA (thus not "activating" the K1)?

Also, I have pretty good job in my home country and dreading the prospective idle time while waiting for an EAD. Does anyone know, if it is possible to keep my job in Germany (i could work remotely from the US) while i will be waiting for the EAD?

Thanks a lot

Originally posted by Agni24 View Post
    I may have to travel for work to the US soon after it potentially gets approved and I would like to get married only later this year. Is it possible to pursue the work travel on a regular ESTA (thus not "activating" the K1)?
    If you have the K-1 visa in your passport at that time, there is a risk that the officer will accidentally admit you on your K-1 instead of on VWP. This has happened to some people in this situation.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X