• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A/L2 Extension when L2 EAD is in process

Hi all,

L1A/L2 Valid - 08/1018
    L2 EAD valid - 05/2018

I have applied for L2 EAD extension with current visa/i-94 data and my case status is "case is received" since feb,2018

My Spouse employer going to start L1A/L2 extension in premium process now (expecting start date 3/20) and they will not do my l2 ead extension.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to add L1A extension receipt no/Approval status to my already started L2 EAD case?

2. We came to know from my spouse employer, USCIS 15 days time is only for L1 and they will respond on l2 only if time permits. Can i still extend my L2 EAD with my spouse approved status?

3. If extension rejected, does it effect my L2 EAD extension till 08/2018?

Appreciate you help...
    Thanks...

L1A/L2 Extension when L2 EAD is in process

Originally posted by jp89 View Post
    Hi all,

L1A/L2 Valid - 08/1018
    L2 EAD valid - 05/2018

I have applied for L2 EAD extension with current visa/i-94 data and my case status is "case is received" since feb,2018

My Spouse employer going to start L1A/L2 extension in premium process now (expecting start date 3/20) and they will not do my l2 ead extension.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to add L1A extension receipt no/Approval status to my already started L2 EAD case?
    This is normally not possible (i.e. sending additional documents to USCIS) without an RFE. In any case, on the USCIS website, there is information regarding different types of evidence that they need. Refer to the link to understand how supporting/additional documents may be requested.

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

2. We came to know from my spouse employer, USCIS 15 days time is only for L1 and they will respond on l2 only if time permits. Can i still extend my L2 EAD with my spouse approved status?
    L2 EAD Renewal is dependent on L2 Extension which is dependent on L1 Extension. So I believe the processing of the L2 EAD renewal will begin only on approval of L2 Extension (until then your case stays unprocessed - as far as I know and others can correct me).

3. If extension rejected, does it effect my L2 EAD extension till 08/2018?
    If your L1/L2 Extensions do not go through, your L2 EAD will be valid only till 05/2018 and your L2 EAD Renewal will be denied.

Appreciate you help...
    Thanks...
    See above

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X