Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied for B1 Visa but status of visa is not updating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for B1 Visa but status of visa is not updating.

Hello,
    I applied for a Business Visa(B1) on 7th March 2018 @ Mumbai Consulate fingerprint and others formalities were completed and the interview was on 8th March 2018
    VO -Good Morning
    Me - Good Morning Mam
    VO- Company you work for ?
    ME - xxx Inc
    VO - Purpose of the visit?
    Me - Explained him in detail that I have a business meeting with our existing and new clients also mentioned the cities I ll be visiting.
    VO - How long have you working for this company?
    Me - 34 yrs
    VO - Your Designation?
    Me- Deputy General Manager
    VO - Salary?
    Me- xx Lakhs / annum
    VO - Have you traveled before out of India?
    Me- No
    VO - Are you Married?
    Me- Yes
    VO - Any children?
    Me- 2 boys ( told her the age as well)
    She was looking for something and put a sticker on the Passport, kept it aside and gave me a 221g (green form with a tick mark on Your Application requires additional Administrative processing )
    VO then told me that we need to process further.
    And she didn't take my passport.

On 9th March 2018, I received a mail from US consulate subject as" your case no. 2018-03-07-xxx xxx is closed". And below that, it says "we are ready for final processing" please submit your passport. As 10th and 11th March 2018 is saturday and sunday i submitted my passport, green slip, email copy with submission letter on 12th march 2018 @ Mumbai. On 13th March 2018 i checked my visa status is still showing "Administrative Processing" but case last updated date changed from 8th march 2018 to 13th march 2018. How much it will take to change status from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued"? I have meeting on 9th April 2018. I have opted for premium delivery.

Anyone in a similar situation? Any suggestions would be helpful.

When they ask passport that usually is good sign and it almost means that they are ready to issue visa. While exact time cannot be predicted, in my case it took 1 week from the time of passport submission. Just hang in there and it is question of week or so. Also keep checking passport tracker too if there has been any change in the status. Good luck.

Comment

Unfortunately the site is not really up-to-date with "live" data.

Have patience, your visa is approved.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X