Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PIO to OCI card conversion - bad experience in general and with refund in particular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO to OCI card conversion - bad experience in general and with refund in particular

I have applied for PIO to OCI conversion for my daughter and it is a quite stressful experience with a very bad application guidelines. To me, it looks like there is no proper User Acceptance Testing done for the content posted on CKGS web site. Add to that, here is my harrowing experience in dealing with their refund and customer service departments.

As part of my application processing, when I received the email for 'submission of original documents' on Feb 5th, I went to My Account on CKGS web site to print the 2nd label to send the documents. This was on Feb 6th, 2018, but label was printed with a date of Dec 20th, 2017, which I believe the date when I sent initial OCI card application for my daughter. Under the guidelines for shipping label on CKGS Web site, it says the shipping label is valid only for 15 dates after the date printed on the label, so even if I used the label with Dec 20th on Feb 6th, it would not have worked. So I called their San Francisco customer service about it. The customer service representative asked me to buy new label (I bought FedEx labels from CKGS initially) from FedEx to send the original documents and claim refund later once we get the OCI card.

Now, they are rejecting the refund citing the reason 'refunds can't be processed once the label is printed', and they are repeatedly sending the same answer in spite of multiple emails and calls where I explained how I followed their instructions/advice on phone to a tee. It does not look like the refund department has anyone with some common sense. How do I realize if the label has a problem or not unless until I print and see it, and that is how I realized the mistake on the label. They are behaving irresponsibly and not taking the ownership for their own mistakes/wrong advice. $15 is not a big deal, but I am fighting with them on principle here. They misguided me and now trying to make me a scapegoat, which is unacceptable.

Do they have a customer grievance group to report this to?

Did you take package and label with old date and check with Fedex ? If they has accepted your package, you would be fine regardless of what CKGS says about expiry dates. From your post, it looks like you didn't. Once you print the label, CKGS would get charged for shipping and therefore reluctant to issue an refund.

I had a similar issue, where the label generated has the same tracking number as the earlier package. I didn't check the date tbh. I printed it multiple times thinking there was an technical issue. In the end, I just took the package to UPS and they accepted it. UPS tracking shows it delivered twice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X