Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surrendering green card for B2 - Tourism visa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrendering green card for B2 - Tourism visa.

Hi guys,

I need your advice or tips please. Long story short, with my previous visa - my mum had applied for us both as an immigrant visa and we both got green cards in Feb 2012, but I wasn't planning on remaining in America permanently, so after 6 months I had return to Australia and went to find work and been working since.

It's now March 2018 and my boyfriend and I made plans to visit America to visit my mum and to introduce him to my mum and her side of the family, but to also be tourist there and when the return back to Australia after 2 months. First I applied for an ESTA because if it's approve - you're able to travel in America up to 90 days. Anyways, I have issues with applying for an ESTA, which was not authorised (by the way, my boyfriend's ESTA has been approved) and I could not find the reason behind for mine, then it lead me to applying for an non-immigrant DS-160 form for a B2 tourist visa and I had my interview today and it was unsuccessful - the interviewer was vague on to why I was not granted a tourist visa, but mention that it could be due to my previous visa from 5 years that it's still active (?).

I've been doing a lot of researched and found a form that's called I-407 - Abandonment of Lawful PR Status. If I submit this with my DS-160 - would that might change the status or what steps can I take to help me build a strong case that my true intention is only for holiday in America and return back since I do have current jobs to return to.

Ps: Sorry, my grammar isn't that great.

Thank you all
    Last edited by Annaleex3; 03-15-2018, 06:02 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X