Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Visa Timeline/Support November 2017

Hello All,

My Wife and I Married in September and applied for Consular processing ( CR-1 visa ) so she could get her residency and come to America. She is from Greece but resides in another country in Europe. Currently we have been apart for six Months but the visa has only been processing for four. Our Immigration Lawyer we hired has told us that we can typically expect it to take a year ( so 8 more months) for her to be able to come into the United States. Obviously this is a very long time to be apart. I have a few questions for anyone who has gone through this/applied in November of 2017.

1. How long does it typically take from start to finish?

2. Can my wife visit me in the US if she has a return ticket and proof that she is returning ( Rental agreement, work contract etc. basically proof she has to go back)

3. What was your experience ( those who have gone through or are going through the process now)

Thanks so much
    -Beach Boy 54

Under age children. Waiting on them since November, any one know when we will hear?

I am wondering how long it takes, I was told things would be quicker than the 13 months, but we still haven't heard anything and we started this in November 2017.

Comment

I-130 Visa Timeline/Support November 2017

Originally posted by CJBaker View Post
      I am wondering how long it takes, I was told things would be quicker than the 13 months, but we still haven't heard anything and we started this in November 2017.
      Yes, I filed for my wife towards the middle/end of November. My lawyer told me it could take any amount of time and it was really a case by case basis. I haven't heard anything yet regarding it. Any one else file in November? My research on this website and others has said that on average it takes 6-9 months from start to finish. As of today it is just over 4 months since I filed. I am hoping that by summer it will at least be almost done and then by August completed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X