Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old expired passport with expired US visa lost. Required for visa interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old expired passport with expired US visa lost. Required for visa interview?

Hi, I have already filled out and submitted my ds-160 for B1/B2 (conference + tourism). My old (minor) expired passport had an expired US visa. I have mentioned about the visa details (visa number, dates of travel, dates of issue and expiry) in the application, based on the scanned copies I had. Now that I have scheduled the visa interview, I realize that I need to also produce my old passport. Unfortunately, the old passport seems to be misplaced or lost. I also haven't indicated it as a lost/stolen passport in the ds-160. Is this going to be a problem? I have scanned copies of all the pages of my old passport. Would that do? Or do I need to contact the consulate, make a declaration or have an FIR made regarding the loss of old (expired) passport. A reply would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!

Originally posted by Max_Eindhoven View Post
    Hi, I have already filled out and submitted my ds-160 for B1/B2 (conference + tourism). My old (minor) expired passport had an expired US visa. I have mentioned about the visa details (visa number, dates of travel, dates of issue and expiry) in the application, based on the scanned copies I had. Now that I have scheduled the visa interview, I realize that I need to also produce my old passport. Unfortunately, the old passport seems to be misplaced or lost. I also haven't indicated it as a lost/stolen passport in the ds-160. Is this going to be a problem? I have scanned copies of all the pages of my old passport. Would that do? Or do I need to contact the consulate, make a declaration or have an FIR made regarding the loss of old (expired) passport. A reply would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!
    When was it lost? Was it after you submitted the application? If yes, file an FIR & keep printout of all pages of old passport(s) & Visa(s)

If No, then you were lying in your DS160 form - which is not a good sign.

Ensure you are not intentionally/unintentionally hiding anything - like some remark on old passport.

Remember they have all details about you & your earlier visits.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X