• Enquiry - German Family Reunion Visa

Hi,
    I am here to share my experience and to help you if your enquiry goes wrong

First of all some **details**:

Husband: Indian, but born in Germany, employee with apartment
    Wife: Indian, graduate and germany language course passed
    Applied for family reunion visa to German Embassy in New Delhi, India

**Problem:**

During the investigation at my in-laws place my mother-in-law accidentally said the wrong place of birth (pob) of my wife. She said her own pob and the stupid wannabe enquiry officer wrote it down. Even he was holding the passport he still didn?t care. Even though, one member of the family tried to solve the mistake but he just ignored it and said ?why would a mother make a false statement?.

****** happens. A big, unnecessary mistake. **My mother-in-law was nervous and it slipped out.

**Solution:**

We needed **two Affidavits **and **** german lawyer who already had to do with foreign embassy.**

The first Affidavit was issued at the pob of my mother-in-law. The brother of my mother-in-law witnessed that her daughter was not born there.

The second Affidavit was issued at the pob of my wife. My father-in-law and mother-in-law witnessed that her daughters pob is correct and the birth certificate, too.

According to the German Law the passport is enough to identify a person and to acknowledge the data written down there.

The visa was issued after 2 months. The whole visa procedure took us together 8 months (included the time of learning german).

**Caused:**

too much trouble and tension, internet searches, delay of 2 months and extra costs about 2 lakhs.

**Some Tips:**

* Let the lawyer write it to the german embassy in New Delhi. Of course, he will take some time, but don?t get on the germanys embassy nerves by asking why the visa is not approved yet.
    * If you fill your visa application, then give the address of your husbands family. In this way, nothing will go wrong. They are asked the questions only related to the passport and marriage. The other questions can be easily avoided.
    * Plus, if the family is big, only two person should talk to the enquiry officer. Even the children can be asked questions. SO BE CAREFUL that nothing goes wrong!
    * The enquiry officer can even ask you to call your spouse via ******** during the investigation. So the spouse should be notified as soon as the officer comes and he should be mentally ready to answer the questions asked by him.
    * If you have question related to how big your apartment should be in germany or the minimum income requirement,? you can call to vfs global in Berlin. They are very helpful and nice.
    * You should also rehearse some questions and answers with your parents.

**Some Questions asked during the investigation:**

* Date and place of marriage
    * how you met your spouse
    * when was the marriage registered
    * how many people were invited
    * which marriage palace was chosen
    So, I hope this experience could help someone in need. I will also post this on some other sites.

With Love

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X