Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian marriage in the USA

Hi All,
    I am currently working in the US with a H1B Visa and my girlfriend who is also an Indian is on the tourist Visa. Can we both have a Court (or register) marriage in the US?
    If yes, can you please tell me the procedure and would the marriage be valid in India?

I have explored the forum and didn't find the answer for my question.

Please do let me know if i missed any vital information.

Thanks in advance. Awaiting your reply.
    Last edited by San237; 03-16-2018, 11:53 AM.

The United States of America does not conduct or register marriages

Individual counties do, within the contours proscribed by state law

If you are interested in getting married, you can learn the specific procedure, timeline, fees, and documents needed at the County Clerk's website where you reside

Comment

San237
      Did you get married in USA? After getting certificate from the local county office, did you register it with the consulate? What is the procedure for this? Please help.

Comment

Yes, you both can get married in the US
        You will need to go to your county clerk (where you reside) to apply for a marriage license, pay fees and meet the requirements.
        Once you have received the marriage certificate, you can visit the indian consulate website and apply for the Indian Version of the "Marriage Certificate". This is issued by MEA
        This info can be found under "Miscellaneous Services". The Indian NY consulate uses the Online ICSS system to guide you through the process.
        https://indianconsularservices.mea.g...sularServices/
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X