Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update passport number on online visa profile after having paid visa fees...possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update passport number on online visa profile after having paid visa fees...possible?

Hello reader

This info may help someone out there who have renewed their passport after having paid the online visa fees, like me.

On Feb 6th, 2018, I had paid the online fees for B1/B2 visa. After which, I realized that I'd only 3 pages (including last blank page of passport) left in my passport which was due to expire in Dec 2019. Having forgotten the instructions on the profile that discrepancies in the DS-160 form and the profile info cannot be altered later except with a payment of visa fees again, I went ahead to renew my passport at Bhopal PSK on 8th Feb under the pretext of exhaustion of pages.

My visa Bio-metric appointment and interview were scheduled for 6th and 7th March at Delhi and I get my new jumbo passport by the 24th March...yahoo!! Thanks to the prompt PSK Bhopal services. I immediately (on 24th Feb itself) updated the DS-160 information page and went ahead to update my online visa profile info but to no avail. Hence, I emailed my query of updating my new passport number on my profile to [email protected]. Their reply was to go on with your appointment and interview, carrying with you the old and new passport, request the visa officer at the bio-metrics appointment and they may honor your plea.
    On March 6th, as I entered the Visa facilitation center at Delhi, I requested the officer at the reception desk, before he put the processing sticker on the back of my old passport (which I rubber tagged to my new passport), to kindly update the new passport on my profile. In response, he returned my old passport, stuck the sticker behind my new passport, and highlighted with a flourescent marker on my confimation page to 'update passport number"
    At the bio-metric soon after, I requested to follow up on the same, to which the officer responded saying, it shall be considered.
    The following day at the consulate, in the 15 minute interview I had with the interviewer, I petitioned to check if my passport number was updated...and the officer said it had been updated

I got my visit visa in my hand on 10th March, three days later!!!
    The acknowledgement format of the blue dart couriers still had my old passport number, but that didn't matter at all!!!

Hope this long text helps those with a similar plight. Don't worry, mine was sorted! The U. S visa officers are very understanding and helpful!!

Good share ...

To add to this, the visa is issued to the person & not tied to any passport.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I made a typo in passport number and I'm not able to change it . Please help

Comment

Hi,
        Where did you make mistake? You meant to say DS 160 form? if so, you can contact customer support to rectify or they will guide you how to resolve this mistake. But, I am sure, it can be rectified.
        Thanks

Comment

Renewing a passport can indeed present challenges, particularly when you've already paid visa fees or have ongoing applications. Your proactive approach in addressing the issue before it could potentially cause further complications is commendable and can serve as a valuable lesson for others in similar situations.
          For those who may encounter similar challenges or find themselves in need of alternative identification solutions, exploring reliable sources like **** id could provide helpful insights. However, it's essential to approach such options with caution and prioritize legality and safety at all times.
          Last edited by russelgarner; 02-15-2024, 08:45 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X