Traveling on Advance Parole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling on Advance Parole

I apologize if I'm asking a question that has been answered already somewhere in the forum. I searched and couldn't find. My mother's GC is in process. We applied concurrent I-130 and I-485 in December 2017, both are still pending. She just got her Advance Parole approved until Feb 2019. She would like to travel to her home country and stay for a few months before coming back. Would it be okay if she came back after 5 months? My understanding is that she needs to be back here in time for her Adjustment of Status interview. Are there any other constraints/conditions that require her to be in the US earlier?

Thank you so much. Really appreciate your help.

I think you can travel and come back after 5 months, but I may be wrong, when in doubt confirm with USCIS or an experience attorney.

Having said that, I think while come back at the port of entry, the question may arise why the applicant was away for 5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar View Post
      I apologize if I'm asking a question that has been answered already somewhere in the forum. I searched and couldn't find. My mother's GC is in process. We applied concurrent I-130 and I-485 in December 2017, both are still pending. She just got her Advance Parole approved until Feb 2019. She would like to travel to her home country and stay for a few months before coming back. Would it be okay if she came back after 5 months? My understanding is that she needs to be back here in time for her Adjustment of Status interview. Are there any other constraints/conditions that require her to be in the US earlier?

Thank you so much. Really appreciate your help.
      Yes she can. No other constraints.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you both so much! This is very helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X