Accused of marriage fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of marriage fraud

I've been accused of marriage fraud. What will happen to me? Will I be arrested? Will I be deported? They say they have a lot of evidence on me. I am polish and have my green card through my ex husband.

Who accused you? What evidence do they have? has this gone to court? Are you in contact of a good immigration lawyer?

Comment

Originally posted by abumiqdad View Post
      Who accused you? What evidence do they have? has this gone to court? Are you in contact of a good immigration lawyer?
      A ex boyfriend. He went to ice and gave them all the texts between me and a friend. I didn't know marriage licenses were public. Immigration has not contacted me yet. No I do not have a lawyer.

Comment

You should get one.
        Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
        Married: 8/18/17
        Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
        I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
        Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
        EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
        EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
        Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
        Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
        Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

Is it that serious?

Comment

well, what do you make of the accusations? have weight? made up accusations? what did you chat with that could incriminate you?

Comment

If you committed marriage fraud, get an attorney so you have a gameplan to deal with any fallout

If you didn't, I would just chill... ICE Marriage Fraud complaints by partners/ex's and their family tend to receive a great deal of skepticism. That is because marriage breakdown is common, and it is also quite common for spurned partners (whether the petitioner, an ex, or a future partner) to file meritless ICE complaints in anger

Comment

I think I better get an attorney. USCIS contacted me today and told me I have to come in for a interview along with my husband. We only got married 3 weeks ago. Is that normal they call us in so quick for interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Basia10 View Post
                  I think I better get an attorney. USCIS contacted me today and told me I have to come in for a interview along with my husband. We only got married 3 weeks ago. Is that normal they call us in so quick for interview?
                  Just ran into this post. How did everything turn out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Basia10 View Post
                    A ex boyfriend. He went to ice and gave them all the texts between me and a friend. I didn't know marriage licenses were public. Immigration has not contacted me yet. No I do not have a lawyer.
                    How about explaining everything, from the beginning, in one good paragraph?

Comment

Originally posted by linuxpro View Post
                      How about explaining everything, from the beginning, in one good paragraph?
                      Apparently she was deported.

Comment

Green card

Got my green card approved my the immigration judge on 4th December, but yet to receive the card, have call uscic, they said they gat no record bcos it's from the judge and not via interview, wanna know if any forum member have idea how long it take to mail out green card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X