Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N400 - Filling the forms Online - Query regarding fee and Kids naturalization process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 - Filling the forms Online - Query regarding fee and Kids naturalization process

We are going through a process of Naturalization(N-400). I and my Wife are in a process of filling the online form and will fill this week sometime. We have few questions before we submit our applications -

a) Do we have to submit two separate N-400 (one for myself and one for my Wife)?
    b) How are they both linked to one family? Does it make any difference?
    c) As we are submitting the forms online, is there a way we can submit the fee ($750 + $750) online. If yes, how?
    d) What is the process to file the Naturalization for the kids? My kids are 12 & 10 yrs and are lawful permanent residents.

S Guy,

a: You must each apply separately with N-400.
    b: Each application stands alone.
    c: The fee is $725, not $750. For paying online, follow the instructions at: https://www.uscis.gov/us-visa-and-im...ay-credit-card
    d: Once either parent has Naturalization Certificate, the children are automatic U.S. citizens. You can then apply for their U.S. passports or Citizenship Certificates ($1,170). My advice is to pass on the Citizenship Certificate and just get them U.S. passports.

--Ray B

Originally posted by s_g1234 View Post
    We are going through a process of Naturalization(N-400). I and my Wife are in a process of filling the online form and will fill this week sometime. We have few questions before we submit our applications -

a) Do we have to submit two separate N-400 (one for myself and one for my Wife)?
    c) As we are submitting the forms online, is there a way we can submit the fee ($750 + $750) online. If yes, how?
    d) What is the process to file the Naturalization for the kids? My kids are 12 & 10 yrs and are lawful permanent residents.

Comment

Thank You

Thank You Ray. That helps.

Comment

N400-Interview & Documentation (original)

One of my friend and his wife have been called for an interview at a gap of 45 mins. They had submitted Kids Birth Certificates, Marriage certificate, Tax Documents (filed jointly) online. In an interview letter, they are asked to bring original documents which were uploaded during filing of N-400 application.

I am asking as I may turn into a similar situation. Any inputs will help my friend and me to plan ahead.

Any suggestions and recommendations and or experience.

Comment

Originally posted by s_g1234 View Post

Please search Child Citizenship Act 2000. Children under 18 receive automatic citizenship once one parent naturalizes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X