Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get US Green Card on 3 year Canadian Univ Degree plus 2 year Technical Diploma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get US Green Card on 3 year Canadian Univ Degree plus 2 year Technical Diploma

I had a 2 year Diploma that I transfered to an accredited Canadian University (Univ. gave me credit for 2 years Diploma towards my Degree). I spent 3 years more in Univ to get my Degree (includes 1 year internship). In total 5 years (2 years in technical institute, 3 year in Univ.) I also have 11 years of Software Engineering experience in US and Canada.

I am currently on H1B visa and looking to apply for Green Card. Should there be any complications for me to apply for Green Card due to my Education?

Originally posted by nmoudgil View Post
    I had a 2 year Diploma that I transfered to an accredited Canadian University (Univ. gave me credit for 2 years Diploma towards my Degree). I spent 3 years more in Univ to get my Degree (includes 1 year internship). In total 5 years (2 years in technical institute, 3 year in Univ.) I also have 11 years of Software Engineering experience in US and Canada.

I am currently on H1B visa and looking to apply for Green Card. Should there be any complications for me to apply for Green Card due to my Education?
    will your employer not sponsor you for your GC?
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
      will your employer not sponsor you for your GC?
      Employer is ready to sponsor for green card. But there sources are mentioning that it will be hard road to climb to get a US Green card due to my education (I don't know how true this is). May be I can be qualified to get US greencard through another VISA Category? I have 11 years of experience?

Comment

Originally posted by nmoudgil View Post
        Employer is ready to sponsor for green card. But there sources are mentioning that it will be hard road to climb to get a US Green card due to my education (I don't know how true this is). May be I can be qualified to get US greencard through another VISA Category? I have 11 years of experience?
        This shouldn't doom your green card case. When preparing the PERM, your employer may have to list an alternate requirement that allows for your specific educational background, but that's no big deal. They should focus the PERM on the skills required for the job and not the education.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X