Administrative Processing after Verbal Approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Processing after Verbal Approval

Not sure where the best place for this question is. My H1B visa interview was in the New Delhi Consulate on March 15th. I was told my visa was approved and did not receive any further instructions or request for documents. Since then, the status hasn't changed on the CEAC website and says "Administrative Processing" with the last update as of the date of the interview. Is this a cause for concern or is this standard protocol?

I feel a sticking point might be that my old passport with my F1 visa was lost while I was in the United States. Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by dwivedr View Post
    Not sure where the best place for this question is. My H1B visa interview was in the New Delhi Consulate on March 15th. I was told my visa was approved and did not receive any further instructions or request for documents. Since then, the status hasn't changed on the CEAC website and says "Administrative Processing" with the last update as of the date of the interview. Is this a cause for concern or is this standard protocol?

I feel a sticking point might be that my old passport with my F1 visa was lost while I was in the United States. Thanks for your help.
    - I had my interview in Mumbai on March 7th and my visa status is stuck on 'Administrative Processing'.

I haven't seen any update since March 7th. I'm supposed to travel back on March 26th. Seems unlikely that i will be able to travel. Administrative Processing seems to be pretty standard. Not sure to what extent they perform background checks or other verifications.

The only frustrating point is you don't get an estimate of the exact time they'll need to process your visa.

Comment

Originally posted by ravs_vimal View Post
      - I had my interview in Mumbai on March 7th and my visa status is stuck on 'Administrative Processing'.

I haven't seen any update since March 7th. I'm supposed to travel back on March 26th. Seems unlikely that i will be able to travel. Administrative Processing seems to be pretty standard. Not sure to what extent they perform background checks or other verifications.

The only frustrating point is you don't get an estimate of the exact time they'll need to process your visa.
      Sorry to hear that. I was supposed to travel soon as well but seems unlikely. I do have travel insurance on my flight but not really sure how long I should delay it for.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I was supposed to travel soon as well but seems unlikely. I do have travel insurance on my flight but not really sure how long I should delay it for.
        Call your airline and ask them about what options you have with your reservation. Explain that you won't be able to travel on the scheduled date and if they can keep your reservation open for sometime. Once you have your passport back you could call the airline and and choose a new departure date. I have done this for my booking.

Comment

Call your airline and ask them about what options you have with your reservation. Explain that you won't be able to travel on the scheduled date and if they can keep your reservation open for sometime. Once you have your passport back you could call the airline and and choose a new departure date. I have done this for my booking.
          Alright, thanks. Let me know when you hear back.

Comment

Update?

Any update?
            What's the status of your passport tracking?

Comment

Update?

Any update?
              What is the status of your passport tracking?

Comment

Anyone with similar experience in Mumbai consulate?

Hi,
                Are there more people with similar experience in Mumbai consulate?
                Any share of similar experience is deeply appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by h1b_candidate View Post
                  Any update?
                  Nothing has changed as of yet. It's been 10 days exactly today. I have been told by the immigration lawyer at my firm to hopefully expect something in a week or 10 days.

Comment

Nothing has changed as of yet. It's been 10 days exactly today. I have been told by the immigration lawyer at my firm to hopefully expect something in a week or 10 days.
                    Well technically it has been 6 working days after your interview date. :P

When was the last status update on your case? It would be great if you could share the timeline of your updates if there were multiple.

Comment

Well technically it has been 6 working days after your interview date. :P

When was the last status update on your case? It would be great if you could share the timeline of your updates if there were multiple.
                      Lol you are right, so hoping for the best. The last and only update was on March 15th, day of the interview.

Comment

Lol you are right, so hoping for the best. The last and only update was on March 15th, day of the interview.
                        Hey guys,

No updates in my case yet.

Interview date: March 7th
                        Case Update Date: March 7th.

My return trip was scheduled for today.

Comment

Hey guys,

No updates in my case yet.

Interview date: March 7th
                          Case Update Date: March 7th.

My return trip was scheduled for today.
                          Feel for you dude. Any insight after you called them?

Comment

Feel for you dude. Any insight after you called them?

Had sent an email to USTraveldocs.

They don't give any updates. Simply say you'd have to kindly wait coz your application is under Administrative Processing.

- - - Updated - - -

Any update?
                            Passport status used to say: it's with the consulate.

But it changed to "Passport Status :
                            There is no status update available for the passport number submitted" about a week ago.

Comment

Had sent an email to USTraveldocs.

They don't give any updates. Simply say you'd have to kindly wait coz your application is under Administrative Processing.

- - - Updated - - -

Passport status used to say: it's with the consulate.

But it changed to "Passport Status :
                              There is no status update available for the passport number submitted" about a week ago.
                              On the traveldocs website, it now says "Document Deliver Information:" but no change on the CEAC link.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X