Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Visa Application: No letter from Manila Embassy

Hi,

My wife received a Notice of Action Letter from USCIS informing us that our petition has been approved. The notice date was last February 22, 2018. It's been 27 days since then and the NOA advises to wait 30 days before emailing them if no correspondence has been received by the beneficiary (in this case, me). I haven't received any letter or any sort of notification from Manila Embassy, and reading several threads here it seems that you don't have to wait for the packet to arrive? All we have to do is wait 30 days (in some cases even as early as 3 weeks) then have the petitioner contact NVC in the US to ask for the Manila Embassy Case Number to get everything started, is that true?

I'm getting really stressed out coz the postal system here can be unreliable, I've lost several packages/letters over the years and I'm worried that the packet from the embassy has gotten lost somehow. Or delayed and this could have an impact on our application process.

So what I'm really trying to clarify is if that letter from the embassy is vital in the application process, or can it be skipped since the rest of the processes can be accomplished online once we get our case number from NVC? Is there anything in that packet that is required to be shown during the interview and/or medical?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X