Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting the usa on a b2 visa with pending i129f

Hi Immihelp!

I've asked this question in the K1 Visa section but got little help.

I obtained a B2 visa in 2017 to attend a wedding with my boyfriend who is a US Citizen. I attended the wedding and my boyfriend proposed. I left the USA after a week and went back to South Africa. A few months later I went back to the USA for the holidays and was admitted. I stayed for two weeks and left back to SA.

We then applied for the K1 visa.

Now I am intending to go to the USA for a few months while we wait for the i129F petition. When the petition is approved, I will return to South Africa and see the K1 visa through and then return to the USA to marry the man I love. What are my chances of being admitted into the USA on a B2 visa?

Currently, I do not own property, a vehicle, a lease or have an employer. I am a freelance film producer so it may seem I have no ties to my country. Literally all i have is a retirement plan, credit card debt and a goof amount of cash in the bank.

What can I do to ensure that I am admitted into the US on a b2 visa as I DEFINITELT intend to leave for my K1 visa interview.

Originally posted by CherylD View Post
    Hi Immihelp!

I've asked this question in the K1 Visa section but got little help.

I obtained a B2 visa in 2017 to attend a wedding with my boyfriend who is a US Citizen. I attended the wedding and my boyfriend proposed. I left the USA after a week and went back to South Africa. A few months later I went back to the USA for the holidays and was admitted. I stayed for two weeks and left back to SA.

We then applied for the K1 visa.

Now I am intending to go to the USA for a few months while we wait for the i129F petition. When the petition is approved, I will return to South Africa and see the K1 visa through and then return to the USA to marry the man I love. What are my chances of being admitted into the USA on a B2 visa?

Currently, I do not own property, a vehicle, a lease or have an employer. I am a freelance film producer so it may seem I have no ties to my country. Literally all i have is a retirement plan, credit card debt and a goof amount of cash in the bank.

What can I do to ensure that I am admitted into the US on a b2 visa as I DEFINITELT intend to leave for my K1 visa interview.
    Seems like you'll be definitely asked a lot of questions (unless the officer is too lazy) on using your B2 visa with an intention of immigration. Be prepared to provide proofs - And at last you can ask them to restrict your visit for sometime & limit COS/AOS/EOS on your visit.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X