Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1/L2 visa, Can visiting parents help with home renovations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1/L2 visa, Can visiting parents help with home renovations?

My wife and I just bought a house and would like to make some changes. Both of our parents want to come down and help us set the house up the way we want, including adding some things. I am not sure if our parents can help us or not. This is work we would be doing ourselves anyways and in no way construction, but it would mean a lot to them to help us.

I don't want them to get in trouble with immigration so I thought I should ask here first.

Thanks!

Originally posted by USEH View Post
    My wife and I just bought a house and would like to make some changes. Both of our parents want to come down and help us set the house up the way we want, including adding some things. I am not sure if our parents can help us or not. This is work we would be doing ourselves anyways and in no way construction, but it would mean a lot to them to help us.

I don't want them to get in trouble with immigration so I thought I should ask here first.

Thanks!
    Cooking or shifting sofa within your own house is not considered "work". They don't need to say that to VO when they visit you.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by USEH View Post

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ailai View Post
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X