Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply reentry permit during ROC

Hello everyone,

I am stopping by here to hopefully get some help.

On the 23rd of January, I have posted a message about my situation ?Divorce/Green Card - complicated situation?. (https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...-situation#top)

My Green Card expired on the 29th of August 2017. Due to my divorce proceedings, I applied for ROC in February 2018 after getting my divorce decree. USCIS received my application and extended my residency for one year.

As explained in my previous post, I am currently overseas. Due to the endless divorce, its rough timeline combined with immigration deadlines and the fear of being deported, I chose to take a break and be close to my family in Europe. In the meantime, my company (US company) did not want me to leave and offered me to help the team in Europe while I fix my situation. I am returning to the USA in April for business. I have started my mission here in Europe and need to be here for a little while. I also need to temporarily be close to my family for personal reasons. Along my application, I shared my complex situation in a letter to the USCIS and that my US employer gave me a mission here in the meantime.

I know that I am not supposed to be working overseas. However, seeing that the divorce was not ending and therefore, I was unable to provide the divorce decree on time for ROC; I needed to provide for myself until things clear up. I just need to finish my mission here and return next year if they approve my GC.

Here are my questions and concerns:

- I am worried to go back to the USA and have my ROC denied due to my divorce or other reasons which would force me to move back again to Europe.
    - Can I apply for a reentry permit during ROC?
    - If I apply for a reentry permit, do I need to provide twice my biometrics?
    - What would be the best way to handle this situation?

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X