Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel | Employer lost my I797 notice

Hi ,
    I work in a US product company on H1B. My employer had filed for my extension which got approved. However they lost the original approval notice.I do have the soft copy of the notice. I had booked my tickets to India in April and now I am not sure if I can travel. I can use the dropbox facility to get my visa stamped and I called the US consulate in India. They said that I do not require the original I797 for availing the dropbox facility. Assuming that my visa stamping wont have any issues, is it advisable for me to travel without the I797? I am concerned about the POE when I return.
    My employer has filed for the duplicate but that takes around 6 months to process. Also for refrerence, my GC has been filed and I am waiting for the date to be current.

Originally posted by cpshilpa View Post
    Hi ,
    I work in a US product company on H1B. My employer had filed for my extension which got approved. However they lost the original approval notice.I do have the soft copy of the notice. I had booked my tickets to India in April and now I am not sure if I can travel. I can use the dropbox facility to get my visa stamped and I called the US consulate in India. They said that I do not require the original I797 for availing the dropbox facility. Assuming that my visa stamping wont have any issues, is it advisable for me to travel without the I797? I am concerned about the POE when I return.
    My employer has filed for the duplicate but that takes around 6 months to process. Also for refrerence, my GC has been filed and I am waiting for the date to be current.

It's better if you wait. Most dropbox applicants are being called for interviews (based on what i've read in so many posts here) You may never know what documents they'll ask for in case they hand you a 221g.

Comment

Hello,

Were you able to travel with the soft copy of i797

Comment

Originally posted by DivyaSreejith View Post
        Hello,

Were you able to travel with the soft copy of i797
        I'm not so sure about this!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}