Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS requires sworn affidavit and certified disposition

Hi,

I had my naturalization interview which I passed, but two weeks later I received mail from USCIS with two requirements:

1. Original court certified disposition, sentences and proof of fulfillment of sentence(s) for all arrests, even if expunged. If no record is found, submit a certified letter from the court stating there is no record. Your submitted original dispositions should include the Sept 28, 2016 incident, July 17, 2015 incident and April 2, 2015 incident

2. Please provide sworn notarized affidavit, listing all your arrests, citation, or detainment by any law enforcement officer (including any and all immigration officials or the US armed forces).

From the first point: the 28 Sept 2016 was a speeding misdemeanor charge reduced to infraction (Virginia), for which I have the court certified documents. But the other two are speeding tickets which I've paid in full. Q1: Do I need to get the records from court on the speeding tickets? Q2: If so how to do that?

For item 2: Should I write a letter listing all the arrests and get it notarized.
    Q1: should I also list speeding violations in this letter? are these classified as arrests?
    Q2: where can I get the letter notarized from? From the court?

Appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks,
    Sam

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X